Little Man Tate

Sheffield History

LITTLE MAN TATE SHEFFIELD BAND.jpg

LITTLE MAN TATE 

Sheffield band fronted by Jon Windle and popular until their split in 2009 and yet to reform properly for a run of live shows or new songs. 

Band Members

Jon Windle
Edward 'Maz' Marriott
Ben Surtees
Dan Fields

Where are the band now?

Jon Windle tried his hand at solo but has now gone onto music management now and the rest of the band have gone their separate ways with most if not all of them still involved in the music industry in one way or another.

If your'e a Little Man Tate fan post below any photos or memories you have of the band 

You can get Little Man Tate CD's and Vinyl HERE at Amazon

Well our mums got talkin' at the village store
I was three you were four
You looked lovely that's for sure
Just somethin' about you

Together we went everywhere
You scratched my face I pulled you hair
You sent me tumblin' down the stairs
Just somethin' about you

(Bridge)
You must have known that I want you (that I want you)
You must have known that I want you don't you

[Chorus:]
Something's happenin'
It's written on the wall that you're sexy in Latin
This time,come on
Everything's changin' we can't hold on.

Just somethin' about you

We'd stay out drinking in the park
I'd walk you home after dark
I didn't mind it wasn't far
Because there's somethin' about you

You went to university
You lost your virginity
Saw more of him and less of me
But there's somethin' about you

(Bridge)

[Chorus]

Just somethin' about you

Well we're not friends anymore
I'm twenty three, you're twenty four
You're still gorgeous that's for sure still somethin' about you

Now we've done it everywhere
You scratch my back, I pull your hair
We've even done it on the stairs
There's just somethin' about you.

[Chorus x2]

Little Man Tate

The Sheffield four-piece spent 2005 gaining recognition from the indie-pop underground scene. In 2006 they've confirmed themselves as the latest success story out of South Yorkshire as they sign a deal with V2 Records...

In 2005 Sheffield four-piece Little Man Tate set the foundations for a successful career in the ever-changing world that is the music industry.

The signs  were good, their songs are catchy, they're all very good friends, down to earth and caught the eye of the industry within months of forming the band.

They took their sound further afield via the NME Club Tour, following in the footsteps of local lads Milburn and Bromheads Jacket performing around the country in December, 2005.

Since the interview the band were tipped for big things by Rolling Stone magazine and have been credited by Radio 1's Zane Lowe and his listeners as the first winners of Fresh Meat in early 2006.

All this is happened before the release of their debut single, The Agent, towards the end of February, 2006. However the tracks available for download on their website did encounter over 6000 visitors within a space of two weeks in December!

In March 2006 the Sheffield lads were snapped up by V2 Records, and signed a deal with the label, registering another success story for a South Yorkshire band.

Little Man Tate are Maz, guitarist, Dan the drummer, Ben the bassist and vocalist / guitarist Jon.

So where does the name come from?

Jon - It's kind of a weird story, but do you remember the film Little Man Tate? (Jodie Foster's directorial debut. Plot? A child prodigy seeks social acceptance).

It's about this little boy who's really clever, and we're not little and we're not clever, so it's the irony [laughs]. We were just thinkin', 'what can we call ourselves? Well that sounds good, we'll just go with the film'. We didn't want to have a name like 'The... Something'.

Ben - We were all writing names down and we'd come back and two of us would say 'that name's brilliant', and the other two would say, 'well that's not that good'. So when we came up with LMT we all thought it fitted. He's [points to Dan] still not sure!

So what would you like the band to be called Dan?

[everyone laughs] Jon - He'd call it 'Dan Fields, the Little Man Tate' [laughs]... Weekend Millionaires, that's his favourite!

Maz - He's [Dan] gonna learn how to play the guitar and write a song called Weekend Millionaires!

"I ended up paying double for a ticket on the internet for a mate to go to our own gig! We want to do a Sheffield gig at least once a month,"

Jon

Ben - He wants to learn how to play the drums first, you can't box above your weight!

So how long have you known each other?

Jon - Well we [points to Maz and Ben] all played football together and we met Dan through drinking in various pubs and knew him through mates of mates kinda thing.

Are you all from the same area of Sheffield then?

No we're from Greystones, Aston and Deepcar.

So when did you put this band together then?

Jon - About five or six months ago. Me and Maz have played in bands and jammed since we were 14/15, Ben got involved when we were 18/19 and now we're 23. We've been going as us four for six months as Little Man Tate.

Ben - When we first sort of started we didn't gig or anything, we as a four-piece just wrote songs and stopped in a practice room three or four times a week for four or five hours everytime, just practicing and getting tight, just locked oursends away.

Jon - We weren't intending it to go anywhere, all we wanted to do is have good fun in a band that's enjoying playing music. Although we rehearsed a fair bit we didn't put so much emphasis on being so tight at first. Once we got the songs we built a six song set to start with and added a couple of songs. People said we were good but we needed to tighten up. The only reason we practiced so long is because we were having so much fun!

Ben - It's the only reason we're doing it, to enjoy our sends and have fun. We're all mates - playing in a a band together is just like us going out and having a laugh together so we love doing what we do, and if anybody likes us then it's a bonus!

Maz - You're in a band to play gigs and it's as simple as that, it's the top and bottom of it. We're so glad we're in this position where we're playing gigs to people who aren't just our mates. We told our mates they can get tickets for our gigs but at The Grapes we sold out!

Jon - One of my mates rang saying he was back in Sheffield and asked if we could sort him out a ticket and I ended up paying double for a ticket on the internet for a mate to go to our own gig! We want to do a Sheffield gig at least once a month, well that's the idea.

Maz - We didn't know, but we got a mention in the Guardian... a guy was searching the internet for downloads and came across our name, downloaded our stuff and liked what he heard - it was a feature about downloads on the internet so we got a little mention there.

So where does your material come from?

Well we can't write songs about things we don't know about - we write about women, things we've done, people we've met and things we've read. They're all kind of true stories which is a worrying thing [laughs].

So what do you guys think of the spotlight currently on the Sheffield scene?

Ben - It's really, really good. Before you would have had to travel to London and get a gig in Camden on a Thursday night, or the Garage in Islington or somewhere like that and A&R might come down to see ya.

Jon - Now there's a chance that some Sheffield school or college band could be playing a gig and could be lucky enough for somebody in the industry to see 'em, now that's the difference and obviously that's only good for us and other local bands.

In pictures:

Maz - We're the same as the fans, we talk to them before gigs, we meet up with them in pubs and that's the way it should be. we're not four poseurs on stage saying 'look at us', well one of us is [laughs looking at Jon], but we're just four lads, there shouldn't be a barrier between the band and the audience and that's why things like MySpace and Raw Talent are so good.

Raw Talent is great, it's so healthy for local bands at the moment 'cause we've had to put up with things like X Factor and Fame Academy over the years, it made you think, when are bands gonna be like proper bands? Now it seems to me like more kids are starting to go and see proper bands.

Ben - Downloads are great - if you really want to hear a band you like you don't have to go out and find a single, you can search the internet and download what you want, and now it counts towards the charts too. People complain about the internet, my mother for one! But the internet has done so much for bands.

Little Man Tate have been on the lips of many on the South Yorkshire gig circuit, and as a new and currently unsigned band we decided to keep you all up to date with what they're up to and where they are!

The band are moving from strength to strength, after receiving airplay on Steve Lamaqcq's Radio 1 show and were tipped by America's Rolling Stone magazine to be as big as the Arctic Monkeys in 2006, which could be difficult considering their incredible rise to fame, but still a good sign.

If that wasn't enough news that their MySpace site has been hit for around 6000 downloads in December, a week before Christmas, this can only be encouraging!

Sheffield Fuzz Club - Thursday, 26 January

Jon smiles

We'd not played in Sheffield for a while, so it was nice not to have to sample service-station food all day. We couldn't believe the reception we got when we came on. It was crazy! Hopefully we can play here again; it's a really good venue with a great atmosphere. Plus, Maz left his guitar capo there because he was probably drunk when he was packing his gear down! We danced the night away in the disco afterwards and had a right good laugh with everyone who had come to see us. A few students were there too, so hopefully we've converted them to the LMT Love-Waggon!

Islington Academy - Wednesday, 18 January

This was the last gig of the Academy tour so it was nice to play to packed room. There were a few familiar faces down at the front which helped us to get over our nerves! It's a bit weird when everyone sings the words to our songs, but definitely in a good way. It just puts a smile on your face constantly! The gig was great and the crowd just got better and better throughout the set. Before we knew it, it was back in the van all the way back to Sheffield. We treated ourselves to a kebab as we left London; knackered, but well happy!

Birmingham Academy - Tuesday, 17 January

Jon and ladies in Liverpool
Jon attracting some attention?

What a great night this was down in Birmingham. We got a bit lost trying to find the venue so at least we got to take in the lovely sights. Dan’s navigational skills are getting steadily worst but he got us there in the end, bless him! Earlier on in the day we did a proper radio interview in Villa Park, amazing! They didn't let us go on the pitch though (probably for the best!). The performance was top-notch later on and again, it was really great meeting up with everyone after we played. A girl called Sue came down to see us and really got the crowd going. The atmosphere was crazy from start to finish. We can't wait for the Barfly gig!

Liverpool Academy - Monday, 16 January

We got another good crowd in Liverpool which was a nice surprise seeing as it was our first time there. We played with Santa Carla, who have some wicked tunes, so we knew it was going to a good 'un. It was a bit weird when we came on because people started to take loads of photos! We're not very good at posing so hopefully they turned out alright. Some people off our website forum came down and cheered us on, which was wicked. We had a good laugh chatting and drinking with them after; it's like meeting new friends! We also missed hearing ourselves on Radio 1 on the way home. Steve Lamacq played the single!

Newcastle Academy - Sunday, 15 January

This was the first Academy date for us and apparently we'd sold some tickets so everyone was in high spirits when we rolled into Newcastle. Ben started screaming like a girl when he saw our name in lights outside the venue but it was pretty cool to see Little Man Tate in big letters advertising the gig. The gig turned out to be pretty mind-blowing. People were right at the front when we came on and were really getting into the LMT vibe. Some guys came from Huddersfield to see us but the chants of "Yorkshire! Yorkshire" didn't go down too well! (We liked it really though!) After getting through the complimentary Strongbow, we headed off home. What a way to start 2006!

Stockton Ku-Bar - Friday, 30 December

Dan sports a cheeky grin
Let's hope Dan's not been scenting the air again!

The final gig of the year was back in the North East at a really cool venue called the Ku-Bar. We were on with some other bands that made us feel really welcome and informed us it was going to be a busy night! Jon's amp broke yet again which was a bit upsetting but after borrowing from The Misled Heroes, we sampled some quality fish 'n' chips and ended up in the friendliest pub in the world (£1.50 a pint!). The gig was amazing and was a perfect way to end a great 2005 for us. Loads of people signed the mailing list as well which was a bonus but Dan's farting problem soured the journey home a little.

Sunderland - Bar Pure 14th December

Our second gig in the North East and we had a really good laugh, even if it was our 7th gig in a row! The stage was tiny so we couldn't move that much but it was funny trying not to trip over effects pedals and mic leads! We all felt knackered after but have had such a good time on the road we can't wait to get back in the LMT Love-Bus and do it again!

Huddersfield Tokyo - (Club NME Tour) 13th December

The chandeliers in the venue were dead posh and these big staircases lead the way to the stage. It was great! Loads of people, some even chanting our name and singing the words to the songs. We got some nice sarnies and beer tokens during the night which made us feel welcome. It was also pretty cool chatting to two lads who had come over from Leeds to see us!

Newcastle Digital (Club NME Tour) - 12th December

Jon at Tokyo in Huddersfield
Jon, looking strangely at the crowd

This venue was really cool. It overlooked an outdoor ice-rink so pre-soundcheck entertainment involved laughing at everyone falling over! It was a bit cold outside for us so we spent some quality time at this bar which had a "bucking-bronco". Jon got the record for staying on the longest followed closely by Dan. We got a bit worried when there was nobody at the venue at 11.30pm but then a couple of stampede's later and it was full of jiving indie-kids! It was one of the best gigs we've ever done in the end!

audio Listen: Little Man Tate interview >
Audio and Video links on this page require Realplayer
Read the interview with Little Man Tate >

York Fibbers - 11th December

We played with a really cool band called The Sugars who warmed the Sunday afternoon crowd up for us very nicely. It was strange playing at 3.30 in the afternoon but we still gave it everything and even played an extra song! People went home happy and so did we but then again Fibbers is always great. I wouldn't recommend the cafe next door though, £3 for a bacon sandwich!

Oldham Castle (Club NME Tour) - 10th December

Jon being searched in Oldham
Jon: cops a feel - eat your heart out Mr Doherty!

It was a weird night in Oldham on the Saturday. Instead of keeping an eye on all the binge drinking chavs in the city centre, the police decided to pay a visit to a half-empty music venue with sniffer-dogs and a heavy presence. Naturally the lead singer of our band was targeted and swiftly frog-marched outside. After laughing at him for a bit, he was eventually let back in and we got on with the gig.

Sheffield Boardwalk  - 9th December

What can we say about this gig! It was unbelievable! Got to play with Stoney and Bromheads Jacket again which meant a pretty big crowd down at Sheffield's finest club venue. Jon's relationship with his tuner is going from bad to worse-pedal which meant we got a breather while he fixed it! It was great to see so many smiling faces in the crowd, we were really buzzing off that.

Leicester Charlotte - 8th December

This was the second time we have played at this venue and it turned into a really cool night. Had a bit of a pre-gig pool tournament which saw Rich, our driver, kick everyone's asses! Got a good reception to the new songs and people even signed the mailing list!

Colchester - (Club NME Tour) 6th December

Our first one of the tour gigs so didn't know what to expect. It took ages and ages to get down there but we soon got excited when we saw MASSIVE LMT posters advertising the gig dotted around the venue! We also had the biggest backstage area ever, a lecture theatre (it was in a University campus)!

Ben (centre-top) with fans
Ben the bassist enjoying some female company!

Much respect has to go out to a couple of lads who drove a fair few miles to come and see us so it was nice to have a beer and chat with them during the night. Felt a bit sorry for Dan though. We got back at 4am and he had to go straight to work!

London Barfly - 2nd December

It took us five and a half hours to get to Camden, a record four pile ups on the M1, so it was a case of soundchecking then getting ready to go on, even without a pint! We just had time for a swift gargle and then it was straight on stage.

It was funny playing through a bass amp for Maz as his amp decided to die on him at the last minute! Nobody seemed to notice so we belted through the set and even got a few cheers from the crowd.

We're back there again on 21.02.06 so we're looking forward to it already. We stopped on in the bar downstairs, so we could meet the locals, all in all, we had a great time, and a good kip on the way back.

York Fibbers - 22nd Nov

It's official, York is our favourite place to play outside of Sheffield. The night started off well with complimentary cups of tea (and biscuits!) from the lovely staff and some Magners cider on our rider!

We got a good response to the new songs as well, especially "Sexy in Latin" and were blown away by the number of people singing along and generally going a bit mad!

Sheffield Leadmill - 20th Nov

This was a "Best of Sheffield" night so we were well proud to be on the same bill as the likes of Stoney and Trap 2. We only did a 20 minute set but we loved every minute of it. Especially the free wine in the "VIP" bar! It would be great to play here again and soak up the fantastic atmosphere once more.

Sheffield Grapes - 19th Nov

Little Man Tate drummer Dan
Dan the drummer subject to some filming

When we found out this gig was sold out two weeks before we were amazed. We forgot to tell our mates to get tickets! It was mainly people we didn't know which scared us a bit but we came good in the end. Played three new songs for the first time as well. A great night, one of the best gigs so far! and we celebrated with a couple of pints in the tranny bar after.

Leeds Mixing Tin - 12th Nov

Finally we went on after waiting for six hours! It was a club night and we were headlining so we knew we'd have to amuse ourselves for a while. The venue was really well run - friendly staff, free beer etc!

A few people came down who had heard our downloads on the internet. It was nice to chat to them afterwards to see what they thought. I think they liked us! We were sure we saw Dicken from The Secret Garden bopping at the front.

York Fibbers - 10th Nov

We played our second gig here, the last one was when the van got nicked! We were supporting so went on quite early and did our usual set. It was strange to see a few girls down at the front dancing and singing - we weren't expecting that! It was nice to be able to enjoy a few drinks after and check out the other bands. We also gave our first proper interview after!

Well I have got some information
No I don't know your name
There's a party going on at Boothy's house
1b Lyndgate Lane
So tell somebody, to tell somebody
To tell somebody new
Bring a crate and some wine
Oh and you'll be fine
Enough to see you through
Have a drink and have a cigarette
Drink and have a cigarette
Kiss then ask her name
But it doesn't seem right, it feels a little funny
Because her sister kissed the same
Well I sit in the chair next to the cd player
I talk to some kid who couldn't be much gayer
He's mates with his cousin, he's trying to lay her
While the best friend guards the door

Things don't seem to get much better
Scensters dance in their V-neck sweaters
These four walls won't forget tonight
Won't forget tonight

Things are going well and it's quite an occasion
It's winner stays on on the Sony Playstation
Somebody's thrown up on the path
And Balco's passed out in the bath
Girl's sing to Kylie they try to look s***
I gave one my number I told her to text me
"My boyfriend's on his way he'll be here to collect me"
"If you're quick we can go upstairs"
Has anyone seen the phone
Cause I'm ordering pizza
Marie's at the door hand-in-hand with Anita
The boys gather round eager to greet her
She smiles and walks on by
There's bottles and cans all over the place
Nowhere to sleep there isn't space
I had a right good night in any case
Same again next time

Things can't seem to get much better
Scensters dance in their V-neck sweaters
These four walls won't forget tonight
Won't forget tonight

LITTLE MAN TATE - HELLO MISS LOVELY

He wakes up, checks the clock, gonna get his hair cut.
He's going out tonight.
She calls her friends says listen but keep your mouths shut.
I heard he's coming out tonight.
He goes to the same old bar, every Saturday night.
He puts on the same old tunes, she takes out a cigarette and asks him for a light.

She longs to tell him what she means when she said I like your jeans. She really meant that.........

Hello miss lovely

She longs to tell him what she means when she said I like your jeans. She really meant that he's so s***.
And she doesn't even know, he went on the radio to tell the world that she's so lovely, she's so lovely

Oh this should be the best night of your life, be the best night of your life, be the best night.
She's so lovely, she's so lovely.
This should be the best night of your life, be the best night of your life, be the best night.

Hits the bar with the lads, sticks a song on the jukebox.
A hit from '99.
She says to her mate lets wait ten minutes.
I don't wanna be bang on time.
She goes to the same old bar, every Saturday night.
She puts on the same old tunes, she takes out a cigarette and asks him for a light.

She longs to tell him what she means when she said I like your jeans. She really meant that he's so s***.
And she doesn't even know, he went on the radio to tell the world that she's so lovely, she's so lovely.

Oh this should be the best night of your life, be the best night of your life, be the best night.
This should be the best night of your life, be the best night of your life, be the best night.

Outro.....[chanting.... 'this should be']

LITTLE MAN TATE - YOUNG OFFENDERS

Oh, its all going up in ashes,
Shouldn't have stole those matches,
Oh, its all going off around here,

Its all going up in ashes,
Its all going off around here.

[Verse:]
Oh, oh what a good idea,
You know you'll feel much free'er,
A chance to be somebody.

Oh, shouldn't have been so near,
If only we'd just thought clearly,
They'd have hung nobody.

[Verse 2:]
Soon, it was local news,
Aerosol's and porter loos,
Can kill somebody.

poo poo, someone call 999,
We'll soon be doing time,
Unless we blame somebody.

[Intsrumental]

Oh, oh, oh, oh......

[Outro:]

Ba, ba, ba.......

LITTLE MAN TATE - WHAT WHAT YOU GOT

What, what you got, not a lot, but you're desperate for the weekend.
Slip into your jeans and, put your Second Coming on.
Quick do your hair, move your mucky underwear and it's alright.
Yes it's alright, who you bring home tonight.

And she doesn't seem to care at all.
Into who's bed she falls.

And it doesn't matter, no not at all, if she pulls gets laid at all.
She'll self indulge until she falls and says, something for the weekend.
When she says, something for the weekend.

She talks to a man, get his number if she can, but its okay.
Now she's talking to the dj, telling him which song to play.
Back at the bar i'll have a vodka and a jar for me boyfriend.
Well he's in an indie rock band, and he's into lsd.

And he doesn't seem to care at all.

She'll self indulge until she falls and says, something for the weekend.
When she says, something for the weekend.

And she doesn't seem to care at all.

She'll self indulge until she falls and says, something for the weekend

LITTLE MAN TATE - MAN I HATE YOUR BAND

Don't talk to me about money
Don't talk to be about fame
Don't tell be about your lyrics
Coz your songs are all the same
There's 11 on the guest list probably more by far
Photographers and magazines and stacks of A&are

Like I said about the guest list
Well forget abot the birds
They don't need names and tickets for the ones in denim skirts
You highlight for the weekend
Unless your on the team

Brand new tops
And bottoms drop
No knickers underneath

But there's one thing that you'll never understand
Oh there's one thing that you gotta understand
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band

Well were going down to london
Were gonna sign a deal
We know a guy in camdom
Who says that were unreal
And while we are in london
Well stop and see the queen
You known we'll all have nighthoods by the time were 23

Well your coming home nobody
The same as when you went
You didn't get your deal on
Your moneys all been spent
I could of told you long ago
But you'd never understand
No testicles to be hero'd

Man I can't stand your band

There's one thing that you'll never understand
Oh there's one thing that you gotta understand
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band
Man I hate your band

I've seen your band
I hate your band
I've seen your band
I hate your band
I've seen your band
I hate your band
I've seen your band
I hate your band
I've seen your band
I hate your band
I hate your band

LITTLE MAN TATE - COURT REPORT

Well he's a cross dresser honey, he fights for his team.
He dishes out a kickin' with a thong under his jeans.
He's a cross dresser honey and it don't seem right.

His train pulls into the station, all the way from Leeds.
He's gonna do somebody till his knuckles bleed.

He gets home switches on the news, kicks back in his high heel shoes.
Switches channels to Eastenders, cleans his house in his red suspenders.

This is the court report, front page of the Daily Sport.
Skinhead cross dresser caught, for smashing up someones car.
Smashing up someones car.

Well he's a cross dresser honey, he's down on his luck.
Spends his time fighting and dressing up.

He's sitting at the bar and he's looking pretty laced.
He's gonna start some trouble with blusher on his face.

He gets home switches on the news, kicks back in his high heel shoes.
Switches channels to Eastenders, cleans his house in his red suspenders.
This is the court report, front page of the Daily Sport.
Skinhead cross dresser caught, for smashing up someones car.
Smashing up someones car.

This is the court report.

This is the court report(this is the court report), front page of the Daily
Sport (this is the court report) Skinhead cross dresser caught (this is the
court report)
This is the court report (the court report) front page of the Daily Sport
(the court report)
Skinhead cross dresser caught (the court report).
For smashing up someones car.
Smashing up someones car

Some old news from the old Little Man Tate website....

View Boothys 'Crib' recorded by MTV for Overdrive here
and more LMT MTV Exclusives here

------------------------------
DOWNLOAD House Party At Boothys
3 day special here
iTunes Boothys/Teenager here
iTunes Boothys BBC bundle here
iTunes Live @ Boothys here

Little Man Tate are currently number 1 in XFM's 7 out of 7
Little Man Tate will be performing at the following instores next week, they will all take place at 5pm and will be acoustic.
MON 28th - Sheffield Fopp
40 Division, Sheffield, S1 4GF Tel: 0114 279 9708
TUE 29th - Reveal Derby
63 St Peter's Street Derby DE12AB. UK. Tel . 01332 349242
 WED 30th - Manchester Fopp
19 Brown Street, Manchester, M2 1DA Tel: 0161 827 1620

Little Man Tate have been voted best new band by 6 Music for The Summer Sundae Festival in Leicester
Two more gigs announced, LMT's biggest headline shows to date. Sheffield Octagon 12/10 and London ULU 25/10. tickets available here
We are please to announce that Little Man Tate are to support The Ordinary Boys through their UK Tour (5th - 11th Oct), new headline shows also added for Frankfurt, Paris, Nottingham, Stoke and Coventry. See gigs for details
After the House Party gig XFM kidnapped Boothy and took him back to Manchester, you can hear what happened to him here
Phone Boy on Hallam Fm will be broadcasting an interview and session on his show tonight, you can win tickets for the SOLD OUT Leadmill gig email him HERE
This is the LINK where you will be able to see the live webcast of The House Party Gig at Boothys tonight. Live at 8.30 pm + plus a little something special afterwards.
New tour dates added. The dates in Germany are tour supports with Peter Bjorn & John
We have 10 tickets to give away for the London Islington Academy gig on 17/08 please see the forum for details
House Party At Boothys will now be released on Monday 28th Aug, its been moved on a week because its Boothys birthday !
On Wed 9th Aug the band will be playing a special gig at Boothys House, you can only win tickets to this one. You can enter HERE HERE or HERE. Dont worry though becuase it will be webcast live over the internet for those that dont win.
The New House Party At Boothys video has been added to MTV2 Brand Spanking New Music playlist. You can VOTE HERE to get more plays.

Watch it HERE on myspace

The Live session recorded for XFM in London can be heard on XFM Music Responce here

Text to 83xfm let them know you want to hear lmt
PRE ORDER This is the official link to pre order House Party at Boothys, There are 3 formats available via the site. 7" Vinyl, 7" Vinyl (limited and only available via pre order, and cd) there is a great bundle price on offer for all 3 formats.
New Gig added. Kendal Calling in Cumbria on 30th July
New London gig "Time Out - On The Up"
announced 17th Aug @ Bar Academy Islington, please see gig guide for info

Steve Lamacq had the first exclusive play of House Party At Boothys last night on his Radio 1 show, click here to listen again

Our videos can be now viewed via myspace, including the new live edit for House Party at Boothys, click here

New songs and downloads now available on myspace
The new forum is now live, just click the link on the menu and you are away !
Keep checking the forum out for exclusive news on new tasters over the next week, with something extra special on its way !

Please note that Jacks Records still has some tickets available for the Sheffield Leadmill gig tel 0114 2767093

The gigs in Germany are going better than anyone could have expected, it also sounds like the German beer is being well received as

Nothing could have prepared us for our reception in Germany, the tour was amazing, and we cant wait to go back, fingers crossed for more dates later in the year.

Our next gig in the UK is at Middlesbrough

LMT did it ! Number 40 with What ? What You Got, and a special mention from the one and only Steve Lamacq, how cool was that ? Thanks to all. Onwards and upwards

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 16.17.32.jpg

The Little Man Tate forums - where it all happened, where all the fans organised gig trips, where the band announced secret stuff and loads more.

How I wish they'd kept it going

More old Little Man Tate news from their old website

You can preview the TMBL B Sides on MYSPACE
FREE GIGS (DETAILS ON HOW TO GET FREE TICKETS WILL BE RELEASED SOON)
29th March :: Manchester Roadhouse
30th March :: Preston 53 Degree
1st April :: Dundee Doghouse

Little Man Tate will be main support to THE VIEW;
April 17th Birmingham Academy, 18th Bristol Academy, 19th Southampton Guild Hall. All dates are sold out.

To coincide with Little Man Tate's largest UK gig to date (London Astoria 5th April) the release date of This Must Be Love will be put back 1 week to 2nd April.
Stay tuned as we are due to announce some new UK dates.....

More tickets for the plug here be quick

Vote for the This Must Be Love Video HERE

Vote for This Must Be Love on Steve Lamacq's Rebel Playlist HERE
We have 20 pairs of tickets to see LITTLE MAN TATE live @ Kerrang! Radio RAW Gig Tuesday 6th March - Barfly Birmingham to give away!
For a chance to win a PAIR of tickets click HERE to hit the forum and read more. You MUST be registered at the forum to enter!

New Gig in Birmingham, 6th March - Win tickets with KERRANG RAW ! click here
DJ Sets Jon & Maz - after the gigs
Leeds 28th Feb. Mixing Tin
Liverpool 5th March. Academy

This Must Be Love Promo Pack
ZIP ZIP ZIP it up and out !!!!
Download NOW THIS ZIP FAN FILE exclusive artwork and flyers for This Must Be Love.

This Must Be Love will be available on a ltd edition picture disk. Pre order your copy here
An extra allocation of tickets for Friday 9th March at Sheffield Plug will go on sale at Jacks Records Division Street Sheffield on Saturday 17th Feb at 10am. Tickets can be purchased in person or by calling 0114 2767093.

Liverpool on the 5th March is now SOLD OUT
Stoke Sugarmill and Leicester Charlotte have now SOLD OUT.
Little Man Tate's new single 'This Must Be Love' will be released on March 26th 2007.
Little Man Tate are recording a live TV session at Abbey Road Studios tonight (12.02.07). The show will go out live on cable in the US and may be shown in the UK at a later date
The Mean Fiddler gig on 5th April has now been upgraded to The Astoria, original tickets still valid.
About What You Know enters the UK Charts at No. 27
Webchat with the band today at 4:30 PM.
Hit the forums for the link and the info..

Sexy In Latin enters UK charts at No. 20
New gigs in Europe announced for March, please see gig guide for details.
To celebrate the release of the album there will be a free gig at Londons Dublin Castle on Mon 29th Jan after the instore at Virgin on Oxford Street.
Here are the iTunes downloads
CD Acoustic Live at The Boardwalk Live at The Paridiso

Please note the Leeds instore at Jumbo on Thursday will be at 4.30pm
Check out the new mobile shop. Click on mobile.
Win a trip to see LMT in Paris on Valentines Day.
Visit Record store to find out how HERE

Read Sexy In Latin NME review here
Manchester on 23rd Feb is now SOLD OUT
On Weds 31st Jan, Little Man Tate will be taking part in a 'webchat' on Gigwise.com. The band will be online from 4:30pm.
Little Man Tate will play London Mean Fiddler on Thursday 5th April - onsale Friday 19th Jan
Please note the Sheffield Instore will be at HMV not Virgin
Today we are artist of the day on american site www.spin.com, check it out HERE

You can read the NME Boardwalk review here

The Manchester Academy 3 gig has been upgraded to Academy 2 due to high ticket demand.
An extra Sheffield date has been added at The Plug, Sheffield on Sat 10th March, Friday 9th is now SOLD OUT.
We now have a catalogue page, click it, go on, you know you want to.

Instore Gigs

All will be acoustic and all will be at 5pm
22ND JAN VIRGIN SHEFFIELD
23RD JAN VIRGIN MANCHESTER
25TH JAN JUMBO LEEDS
29TH JAN VIRGIN LONDON OX ST

Check out our myspace page now !
You can now hear the new b sides on Sexy In Latin Balkows Barron Patch and Shes Become so Special on this exclusive Indie Hour Interview.

A Little Man Tate Special will be broadcast on Xmas Day at 6pm on Revolution Radio 96.2
Please text/email your xmas gig pics to littlemantate@moblg.net and check them out on the Moblog.
See The Sexy In Latin Video tomorrow (19/12/06) exclusively on the NME.COM player
Sexy In Latin has been added to XFM Scotland and Manchester Daytime Playlist.
NME Awards Show.
Little Man Tate are confirmed as main support to Babyshambles at Brixton Academy on Sunday 18th Feb.

New Tour Dates ONSALE Thursday 14th Dec please see gig guide.
New January York gig @ Fibbers on sale now !
The Support band for the Sheffield Boardwalk gig on 22/12 is The Underground Heroes, there will also be a DJ set by Jim Bob.
NEW GIG ! Dont be a Lemon, get to the Citrus Rooms, Barnsley in January. See gig guide for details.
Sexy In Latin will be Little Man Tates next single, release date 22nd Jan '07, news to follow on available formats and brand new songs for b sides.
A very limited edition version of 'About What You Know' (29/01/07) will also be made available and will include a DVD featuring all the band’s videos so far as well as exclusive live footage.

Tracklisting as follows;

1) What ? What You Got
2) House Party At Boothys
3) Man I Hate Your Band
4) Young Offenders (Live at The plug)
5) House Party At Boothys (Live at The Plug)
6) Hello Miss Lovely (Live at The Plug)

a special preorder link will be available soon.