Amal car

mr.punch

does anyone know about a car called an Amal car around the 1930/40s .My dad said he had one and could tell many a tale.I think they were some sort of sports car.

54 minutes ago, mr.punch said:

does anyone know about a car called an Amal car around the 1930/40s .My dad said he had one and could tell many a tale.I think they were some sort of sports car.

Could it have been an Amilcar, some of those were sports cars, only other thing I can think of is a sports car with an Amal carb             ---------------------        Some info on Amilcar here                 ---------------              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amilcar

Hi Boginspro, thanks for your reply,just like me to get the spelling wrong.I read the wiki report very interesting ,the main story my dad told me was ,he was out driving one day on the sheffield stocksbridge rd.and being followed by someone in abig posh car,so dad put his foot down and sped away ,but the big car was faster except on corners where dad could leave him standing ,anyway dad pulled over at a pub ,a few minutes later the big car pulled up as well .He found my dad and wanted to know what kind of car it was ,he also said did you know that flames were coming out of the exhaust which was about the diameter of a drainpipe.Any way dad told him all about the car and this guy offererd dad 200 pounds on the spot.a lot of money late 30s early 40s alas my dad would not sell the car for any price .whatever happened to the car i never did find out .