Shock Horror I am not on Facebook

Thorntons girl

Anyone else out there not on Facebook, twitter and all those other things

I am not - how do I survive?!!

I am happy, not paranoid and do not feel I have to broadcast my whole life to others!!

Does anyone else agree?

What havent you got in your life that would shock others?

By the way I havent got a mobile either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think life is too short for facebook or twitter so I do neither. I do have mobile but never use it and only my very close family have my number. The day I ring them they know it will be an emergency. I just make an occasional call to my landline to keep it active. 

Good for you, it shouldn't be allowed to take over your life

It really upsets me when people say they cant live without them, they are their lives

What happened to direct communication?

I am not against technology, just peoples addiction to it

I used Facebook for a while they gave up. It was quite boring really. It might be called Facebook, but many of the profile pictures are dogs or cats!

The communication was mostly useless chatter. People saying "I am doing the ironing".  The rest only go on it only occasionally. I suppose unless you are famous or a chatter box, then it's a complete waste of time. 

Even while I was on and found the odd person that I knew, that I hadn't seen in ages. I felt to self-concious to actually message them and say "hi". Thoughts of what if they didn't want to speak with me, or if they just ignored me, went into my mind.

I even joined some of the groups. But I got no messages or contacts at all.

After a while I shut the account down.

I have never understood what Twitter is. Sending out random messages is my best guess! Again great if your famous, but why would anyone be interested in an ordinary person sending out a message saying something?

Facebook is amazing for finding and keeping in touch with friends

However it's also addictive and very depressing 

3 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Facebook is amazing for finding and keeping in touch with friends

However it's also addictive and very depressing 

Also good for a fall outs & punch ups :rolleyes:

I've never been on any of those things, I have no friends and I seek information on things longer gone and much more interesting than Bob's lunch or Betty's cat falling off the roof again.

• Like 1

I am not on any of these " Share your life" sites, the drivel that's put on is unbelievable, " just been up West St got bladderd" " look at my new shoes"  and the language that's used is just awful. It shows just how pathetic some people's lives are.

Its worth mentioning that quite a lot  of organisations, clubs etc. now  use Facebook rather then having a website because Facebook is free !! So if you want to know what's happening with your club or whatever you have to be on Facebook. So it has moved on from the original chat site to some degree.

Call me paranoid but I just don't trust these tech companies. Mark Zuckerberg has been asked to face the Parliamentary committee about Cambridge Analytica harvesting and using personal data without permission.:angry:

Give me a telephone any day. 

Hi everyone. I agree very much with the comments. With what i've heard from friends and family that have been on it, and with keep seeing TV news 'situations' caused by it through other people, I wouldn't join either. From what I was given to understand, the original concept was for 'keeping in touch' and 'this is what's happening'.  It seems that idea has now been taken to the absolute extreme, and people put info on that's way beyond reason, leaving themselves open to anything.  

I agree facebook what a waste of time my nephew put me on it lasted a week before it was gone its full of people with no life's strangers want to be your friend my advice get of your backside go out and meet real people and talk to them face to face it really works you might even find a real friend

I agree with all the comments made on here about Facebook.

There are lots of us out there who all feel the same about this but the media would rather the world believe we are all addicted to Social media.

Stick together guys- lets say NO, we are not all sheep and follow what we are told. we follow our own beliefs not what the Media wants us to believe!! 

I'll go along with that. I'm another one of the sensible people who haven't got the time or interest in Facebook ,  Twitter or Tweets.

Why tell everyone about your whole lifes happenings, it should be private and why would they think people want to know anyway.