Infant school near dykeshall road hillsborough

YATESACE

Can anyone name this school my memory not great but it was about 57years ago perhaps I should tell you a funny story about the school perhaps someone may remember this happening.on the first day back after the holidays we all had our new jumpers and blazers but as we left school there was a Turkish gentleman with a sack in the sack was little tortoises guess what he would swap you your jacket and jumper for a tortoise what a fantastic deal so I though sadly my mother didn't think so she showed no interest in my new pet but I didn't sit down for a while I was dragged back to school along with quite a lot of other pet lovers but he had scarpered surprise surprise

Malin Bridge Infant School is on Dykes Lane which is about 1/4  mile from Dykes Hall Road.

On 01/05/2017 at 21:39, YATESACE said:

Can anyone name this school my memory not great but it was about 57years ago perhaps I should tell you a funny story about the school perhaps someone may remember this happening.on the first day back after the holidays we all had our new jumpers and blazers but as we left school there was a Turkish gentleman with a sack in the sack was little tortoises guess what he would swap you your jacket and jumper for a tortoise what a fantastic deal so I though sadly my mother didn't think so she showed no interest in my new pet but I didn't sit down for a while I was dragged back to school along with quite a lot of other pet lovers but he had scarpered surprise surprise

That sounds utterly amazing ha ha!!