Dinnington

Thorntons girl

Did anyone go to the old Dinnington Junior and infants? 1975?

Did anyone go to Dinnington Comprehensive? 1979+

Did anyone go to Rother Valley college around 1984+?

love to her from anyone that did or if anyone has any old photos

Thanks

I ask again- did anyone attend any nursery, infant, junior or senior school in Dinnington?

There must be someone!!

There is someone!!

I attended Dinnington Tech  in the late 50's early 60's. I have a few memories in particular the chemistry teacher who's nickname if I remember correctly

was Fez.  He walked around the Lab dictating which we had to copy down in our notebooks. He carried a length of rubber tubing around and if he saw anyone not

up to date with the dictation he swiped them round the backside with the tubing. since we were sat on stools it hurt !

I also remember an algebra exam. now algebra was my favorite subject then and if I do say, I was good at it. Anyway I finished the paper in half the time allotted

and handed it in.  I was asked had I checked it to which I said yes, and left.  When the papers were returned with the results of the marking, I had got all the answers 

correct but instead of the 100% I was expecting I received 95%, with the comment 5% deducted for untidy work !!  What a way to motivate and there was no allowance

given for completing the task in half the time. That lesson in how to motivate people has stuck with me all my life.  I certainly learned something from the experience.

Which is more than I can say for the teacher.

22 hours ago, peterinfrance said:

There is someone!!

I attended Dinnington Tech  in the late 50's early 60's. I have a few memories in particular the chemistry teacher who's nickname if I remember correctly

was Fez.  He walked around the Lab dictating which we had to copy down in our notebooks. He carried a length of rubber tubing around and if he saw anyone not

up to date with the dictation he swiped them round the backside with the tubing. since we were sat on stools it hurt !

I also remember an algebra exam. now algebra was my favorite subject then and if I do say, I was good at it. Anyway I finished the paper in half the time allotted

and handed it in.  I was asked had I checked it to which I said yes, and left.  When the papers were returned with the results of the marking, I had got all the answers 

correct but instead of the 100% I was expecting I received 95%, with the comment 5% deducted for untidy work !!  What a way to motivate and there was no allowance

given for completing the task in half the time. That lesson in how to motivate people has stuck with me all my life.  I certainly learned something from the experience.

Which is more than I can say for the teacher.

Nice to here from you, thanks for replying, I was sure I wasnt the only one!!

This is a bit before my time but it it nice hearing of your experiences, What an awful teacher! Well done to you for learning how NOT to motivate people!!!!!!