Finding a family grave

Stunmon

I have traced my fathers brother WALTER MORTON who married FLORENCE MORTON,  and were both living at 513 Manchester Road at the time of their deaths which were between the late 1940s and the early 1960s. What is the best way to find their graves? Which would have been the cemetery they may have been interred in? I believe they had no children. 

It's difficult to say which cemetery people would automatically be buried in. There is no real rule. It depends a lot on where they lived and if they worshiped at a particular church, or indeed if they were church worshipers at all. If there was an existing family grave that could be reopened, then they may be buried miles away from where they were living when they died. Failing that, a likely place is the nearest general cemetery to where they lived. If there were no descendants, then siblingts may have had a say in where they were buried, and of course they could have been cremated anyway.

I've just checked the National Burial index and there is a Walter Morton buried at Rotherham Moorgate cemetery in 1950 aged 77 but I can't see an entry for a Florence.