Truro Tavern

RichardB

Two pubs in that photo RichardB, the white building in the background is The Rodley PH at the top of Rodley Lane.

Oh and by the way thats my Aunty Edna crossing the road.

Two pubs in that photo RichardB, the white building in the background is The Rodley PH at the top of Rodley Lane.

Oh and by the way thats my Aunty Edna crossing the road.

My father Peter Reeves was the last landlord of the Rodley Inn 1964 - 1970.

There were 5 pubs very close by, Rodley, Truro, Royal Standard, Norfolk Arms and a strange single story pub called the Montgomery on St Mary's Road nr its junction with Suffolk Road.

Can anybody remember these pubs, obviously the Standard is still there

There were 5 pubs very close by, Rodley, Truro, Royal Standard, Norfolk Arms and a strange single story pub called the Montgomery on St Mary's Road nr its junction with Suffolk Road.

Well I'm shocked !!!, you should remember me then Stuart?

I lived at 199 on St Marys Road, we used to play together .. do you remember me shooting out the back window of the Rodley with my air rifle? :mellow:lol

Happy Days.

I've updated the spreadsheet with your fathers details, Thanks.

Any further updates on the Pubs menrioned here, or indeed anywhere, especially with peoples names and dates - gratefully received email SheffieldHistory@Gmail.com

don't forget to check out my SheffieldPubs and Sheffield Beerhouses postings.

Cheers <Hic>

Truro Tavern, No 189, St. Mary's Road

Kelly's 1893 Directory

Frederick William Hinchliffe, Beer retailer of 127 & 129 Leadmill Road & 189 St Mary's Road, good enough to give us a 77 year span so far (1893-1970)

Well I'm shocked !!!, you should remember me then Stuart?

I lived at 199 on St Marys Road, we used to play together .. do you remember me shooting out the back window of the Rodley with my air rifle? :mellow:lol

Happy Days.

I think I remember the air rifle incident

Steve your house would in a row of about 6 - 8 which backed onto the waste land. Pat Taylor and her son Shaun at one end and the Bean family at the other end.

Its all a bit different nowadays down there.

A lot of memories

Another view of the Truro. :)

Thank you for the photo carlie167, that's fantastic .. I have made some alterations to your photo.

Just one problem, 'Can't see mi Aunty Edna in this one' .. :(

Guest carlie167

Thanks Steve, I know the pic was a bit iffy, and if you can make any photos of mine look better, go ahead. Some of them have been lying around for ages (probably look like they have too!) he he he he