Sheffield Wednesday Fruit Knife

Debsj

I wonder if anyone can help with this. I have a stainless steel fruit knife, about 12cm long with what appears to be a bone handle and is inscribed with "Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup Winners 1935". I've been trying to find out more information on this such as were they given to fans? Did fans buy them? Who made them? Obviously why and when they were made is known but there are no other markings on this knife. It has a leather sheaf with it too. I've tried searching online for more info but there are just auction sites but the final sale price is undisclosed. Why the mystery? How many were made? Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

I can remember reading a while back about this knife , it came with a bread knife in a presentation box and was presented to the Wednesday directors by w h walker the secretary/ manager of swfc to commemorate the 1935 cup final. Hope his helps. 

8 hours ago, manorlad5 said:

I can remember reading a while back about this knife , it came with a bread knife in a presentation box and was presented to the Wednesday directors by w h walker the secretary/ manager of swfc to commemorate the 1935 cup final. Hope his helps. 

My mum had the bread knife, it was in everyday use up until a few years ago.  W/E.

On 19/03/2017 at 11:22, Debsj said:

I wonder if anyone can help with this. I have a stainless steel fruit knife, about 12cm long with what appears to be a bone handle and is inscribed with "Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup Winners 1935". I've been trying to find out more information on this such as were they given to fans? Did fans buy them? Who made them? Obviously why and when they were made is known but there are no other markings on this knife. It has a leather sheaf with it too. I've tried searching online for more info but there are just auction sites but the final sale price is undisclosed. Why the mystery? How many were made? Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

35 knife.jpg

knife.jpg

On 10 June 2017 at 10:09, dunsbyowl1867 said:

35 knife.jpg

knife.jpg

These knives were produced as souvenirs and made in their thousands. It was just some manufacturer seeing the opportunity to make a few pounds.