Searching for TRIXIE

Stunmon

I remember, as a child in the 1950s that we sometimes visited an Auntie Trixie who lived, I think, in the Broomhill end of town, and who we believed to be a relative of our father.. We never questioned it but of recent years have found our fathers past to be somewhat complicated!!! Does anyone on the Forum remember having a family member called Trixie? I know its a long shot!!!!

This may also be a long shot.

Does the surname Moss mean anything to you? In the 1980s there was an old woman called Trixie Moss (was middle name Mary) who lived at Stumperlowe Mansions, Stumperlowe Lane Fulwood. She was quite eccentric and a heavy smoker. I and my colleagues seemed to be there quite often (telephones) repairing damage. I recall a house fire caused by a cigarette killed her possibly mid '80s (check Sheffield Star???)

In the early 70's, there used to be a lady called Trixie living on High Broomspring on the Broomhall Flats. She was a regular in the lounge of "The Domino" pub

She was a very small lady with very dark hair and always very smart and was married to a guy called Dougie who suffered very poor health (I knew their surname but can't recall it now).

After Dougie died, she moved to an address on John Street.

Last heard of (by me) in the 1980's

Yes, seem to remember Broomhall as being a possible location but that's all!! Just trying to put a link in a complicated family jigsaw!!!! Thanks!