rob123

James Lodge Ltd, Solly St

Anyone got any info on the above ? I think they were still in Solly St until demolished for the new apartments but not sure. Are they still operating ?

Their liquidator (Matthew Sheppard, Leopold street) was appointed on 29th December 1976. Lodge's business was "Cutlery, Silverware and Pewterware Manufacturer", and their address was 216 Solly Street (the Cambridge Works in 1911)

Hello during the last year I have collected a couple of images with these makers marks on. They were marks on British Army cutlery. These “J.L” marks shown in my in composite photo brought me to this post. Both the marks in my photo show that the items were manufacture in 1955 and this is well in “Lodge’s” period of life.

347624180_J.LpossJamesLodgeLtdWarDeptcutlery1955.jpg.42a3da33c20fc902dbd0da3ad1221510.jpg

Are there out on the forum, people, with any more firm information that could identify the manufacturer of the cutlery with the pictured marks? I have seen on line a “J.L.Ltd” mark being attached to the “James Lodge” company along with “blades” on line with the full name on. Obviously I am hoping my “J.L” is that Sheffield manufacturer.

Yours  Kalfred

1141441858_ProbJamesLodgeLtd.jpg.616d6edf5360974ccf77025781a6be61.jpg                                                                  Photo suggested to be a James Lodge Ltd mark