Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

If you mean if they weren't adopted out, the way I do it is .....

log into Sheffield Indexers, familysearch.org and Ancestry or find my past if you have them.

I usually start with family search site, put both parents names in main person then click on spouse and put their name in and search they will then come up as showing connected to any children usually, along with their marriage details. 

If they lived in Sheffield, log in to Sheffield indexers and search parish records from the left hand side bar and if any baptisms are listed they will be there, not too many records so far but I have found some missing children here. 

Ancestry, if you put one of the parents names in it may bring up a baptism record for the connected child. It links this record to the father mother and child so it will appear under any three of the names entered in to search. 

Hope this helps. 

If you don't have Ancestry if you let me have the parents details I will have a look for you


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Anglican parish registers deposited at Sheffield Archives are available on Find My Past along with the images.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this