The Heartbeat nightclub..

Guest JimmiD

I haven't lived in Sheffield for well over 35 years but fondly remember the Heartbeat nightclub..

Does anyone remember that club.. I loved it..

Yes I was working at The ice rink and went up some times and I remember just before it closed. I was going out with a girl that worked in the cloakroom and she said one all mighty fight broke out . With pint pots raining onto the dance floor. As the bar manager ran the length of the bar he was used for target practice while he ran for the phone. She was lifted up while people got there coats and hung on a coat hook. There was a fight outside the box office and the crowd picked the body up on there rushed  out.

Also remember the Mighty atom and Steve Woolley

First "discotheque" I went in as a 17 year old in 1969. Used to go in when it opened its doors, 9 o'clock? and leave to catch last bus home at 11.15. What I remember is that I used to drink Double Diamond, think it cost half a crown a pint. If I was served up the same tasting beer now, I'd stop drinking. Otherwise it was a decent place for an apprentice club goer.

On 05/03/2017 at 17:58, misterH said:

I was the main Dee Jay at the Heartbeat in 1965/66 great place 

Tell us more!

You must have some great stories!

Glynn Ferraby and Chris Hey were the resident DJ’s, Chris was tragically killed in a car accident in the 60’s, so I assume that you are Glynn.

On 06/09/2017 at 17:58, Sheffield History said:

7926013d6716ee945b51d0610059f323--ice-rink-heartbeat.jpg

s27336.jpg

s27338.jpg

Is this the place?

Thats me in the photo on the right talking to the assistant manager, motorway M1 workers had threatened to come back and wreck the club and he put me on the door and hid in the office, nice !!

On 18/12/2020 at 15:42, DaveJC said:

Glynn Ferraby and Chris Hey were the resident DJ’s, Chris was tragically killed in a car accident in the 60’s, so I assume that you are Glynn.

Or perhaps not. 🙄