Bramber Street

togger

Evening all,

I have had a look on the maps but cant find what i am looking for. What makes it more diffiocult is that i dont know where in Sheffield the street is, so i am hoping you can help me please?

Looking for Bramber Street and in particular 3ct 2hse Bramber street (see attached 1911)

Many thanks all

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 19.13.42.png

My great-grandparents George Nichols and Mary Jane Cliff lived at 4 court 2 house Bramber Street in 1881 and were married at Lopham Street Methodist Church round the corner.

In response to this very old thread - I came across it looking for another street, but Bramber Street jumped out to me as my hubby was born there, back in 1947. He only lived there for 6 months, but can recall it as his mum's two sisters lived across the road from where he'd been born so his mum took him to visit them quite often until they moved on, though sadly he can't recall the numbers. Think I might have to delve into the 1939 Register for his mum and sister as we know his dad was away in the army. Thanks for the maps Steve, VERY helpful for my understanding of courts and house numbers.