Name of cafe on Norfolk Street ?

Fiddlestick

I'm saying 'Norfolk Street', but could have been somewhere near. It was a 1950's chain associated with Cliff Richard and I think it was for teens and had a religious purpose. Never went in, but remember it being there. Anyone know the name and it's history ?

I can't remember a specifically religious coffee bar on Norfolk Street but the Central Congs or even the Victoria Hall might have had one. Sir Cliff was making his name in 1958 but I don't believe he had yet become a "new-born" Christian. I do remember the El Mambo which, I think ,was on Union Street . I and a mate visited the "notorious" place when we were being "cool" ...with a packet of Strand between us on a Saturday morning before going to Marsdens for another coffee.:rolleyes:

A friend has just reminded me that the one I'm on about was called 'The Mustard Seed' Cafe, or Coffee Bar. Just had a check and there are many still operating up and down the country in that name. It was definitely that name, but how long it lasted and exactly where it was I don't recall, but it did have a Cliff Richard, religious connection at the time. I may have been mistaken saying the 1950's, could have been in the 60's ?

Picture/thousand words etc - is this the place?

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;u01628&pos=2&action=zoom&id=36971

The Crossbeats (Bootle Christian pop group) played at the Mustard Seed on Saturday 25th June 1966, as a follow up to the Billy Graham crusade, and then at least another eight times. But the first gig was at a previous version of the Mustard Seed at the ex-Athol Hotel (later to become Sexy Rexy's) on Charles Street. They were booked by Brian Hollocks, who attached an explanatory note to the following website:

http://www.crossbeats.co.uk/y68mustard.htm

That answers it splendidly Edmund, many thanks. I'd forgotten that Norfolk Street continued past the Peace Gardens, befitting the saying  " There was a queue ( etc.) as long as Norfolk Street !"

Thanks for the pic....Our town seemed to have a bit more character in the days before we were "improved"...or is that just the rosy glow of memory?