"Swillers & Getter - outers"

dunsbyowl1867

Some of my ancestors the Terry family owned Belle View Farm at the top of Terry street at Carbrook

It is recorded that a contract was signed to allow the council to dump soil on an area of farmland that eventually became the Carbrook Rec.

Happy but smelly days!

Guest OLD No.12

rich, the picture you have put on would you know the exact field location, and is that a stream on the right side of the picture.

Guest OLD No.12

Some of my ancestors the Terry family owned Belle View Farm at the top of Terry street at Carbrook

It is recorded that a contract was signed to allow the council to dump soil on an area of farmland that eventually became the Carbrook Rec.

Happy but smelly days!

popt, was it just night soil the council dump on the land or was there refuse as well eg. bottles and pots etc. can you let me know as i'm really interested in whats there.

Sorry, I've no knowledge about this area/image. Can anyone else help please ?

I don't know this area either but tell me - did they every build houses on there?

Guest OLD No.12

halfway down the lane was a cottage on the right side. if you walk down theres a large steel gate across the lane and the lane splits into a v. the cottage was in between the two lanes