Help please, possible pocket watch fobs

Guest Reddles

Guest Reddles

Hi,

This is a puzzle , two small medals with chain, believed to be pocket watch fobs. Discovered in a relatives belongings ( we are a Stocksbridge/Wortley family historically).

1. Hallmarked silver about 1ins by 3/4 ins. "S & D FC" "1913" "1914" Gold coloured shield to centre.

2. Silver colour 3/4 ins. Possibly missing centre piece. "PFC 1915" 

Have been advised that these do not relate to football clubs but more likely local fund raising competitions for the war effort.

Can anybody add to this, please.

2.jpg

1.jpg

The F & S stand for Fattorini & Son and the Anchor is the Birmingham hall mark, at the top it does say Fattorini and it was made in their Bradford shop, unfortunately the engraved line has gone through the year letter. Incidentally, Fattorini`s made the original English F.A. Cup recently valued at over £1, 000,000

I've one similar, again from Birmingham, with a date mark of 1908. I was told by my grandfather it was a football medal, but I can't give any details.

Here is my grandad's - it says EWSCC Batting Prize 1902 . Its clearly a Cricket club but what did EWS stand for?  Any ideas please ?

William Morris cricket 1902.jpg

I have a similar medallion awarded to John Hawley in 1910 when he played for Dunsworth Old United and they won Division 2 of the Norton & District Cricket League.  I would love to see a picture of John and/or the team!

Hawley John Cricket medallion front.jpg

Hawley John Cricket medallion.jpg