Beeley Street

grannypat

My gran and her family lived on Beeley Street off the bottom of Cemetery Road between 1913 and 1931. Does anyone have any relatives who also lived on this street around that time? Trying to piece together a history of events in this area around that time. I've seen and ordered the photo from Picture Sheffield which shows the houses as being 3 stories. I am told that it is unlikely that they were back to back houses. Any information that you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Grannypat

Just to let you know that I went on FMP and looked at 11, Beeley Street, Sheffield on 1911 census and it shows that this was a 3 roomed dwelling which means it must have been a back to back. Don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place. Sorry.

Grannypat

only just seen this,i ived on beeley street until they demolished them all.

my parents lived there around the 30's

they were definately 3 floors, ground,bedroom 1,and floor 3 was the attic-my & sis room & it was big,

it also held a lot of budgie cages cos my dad bred & showed them often at the vestry hall just

around the corner on cemetary rd.,

ground floor also had a small kitchen where the upstairs steps were at.

a large cellar there too.

cheers shawn

On 3/18/2016 at 03:30, grannypat said:

Just to let you know that I went on FMP and looked at 11, Beeley Street, Sheffield on 1911 census and it shows that this was a 3 roomed dwelling which means it must have been a back to back. Don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place. Sorry.

Grannypat

no the main 2 streets-beeley & landsdowne rd.,were all 3 stroies with back kitchens as io described b4,the only back to backs were the ones on cemetary rd., there was the craddocks on beeley/cem corner,next door in the yard was my gran,next door to her was o

the mortons daughter & hubby,next door was my aunt in laws fruit & veg.shop that had its living are at the back & their kitchen was in the yard.

this site has a few pics of beeley--https://www.facebook.com/groups/273988482811289/?ref=bookmarks,

theres 1 pic with 3 pics on it & the top one shows the empty site where our beeley street houses were,across

the top left corner of that pic is the vestry hall on cemetary rd., 3 story building at bottom left was the old lansdowne pub,

where the photo taker was standing is on london rd., just below the locarno.(locarno was on corner of london & boston st.,)

image.jpeg.30bccdc4a2c6b56e0e702d3e1c6d519c.jpeg4 old  pics of beeley street.image.jpeg.8c346367a910ff5f0b1beabda7daf81e.jpegimage.jpeg.30bccdc4a2c6b56e0e702d3e1c6d519c.jpeg

image.jpeg.d943bc6d8fa85a2e45256d9207498a59.jpeg

image.jpeg