School Lane

togger

Evening all,

I am looking for the exact location of number 10 School Lane Park please, if anyone can help. The map is missing of the 1950 OS maps on the site 

Thanks all

20 minutes ago, togger said:

Evening all,

I am looking for the exact location of number 10 School Lane Park please, if anyone can help. The map is missing of the 1950 OS maps on the site 

Thanks all

Can't say exact but School Lane crossed School Street so presumably five houses up on the right.

Map (c) NLS    -------------------    http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17&lat=53.3817&lon=-1.4575&layers=6

school_lane.png

Picture here from (c) Picture Sheffield which seems to indicate that School Lane was also the bit at the bottom that turned down to Duke Street, so would 10 be on that bit just before the corner?  -----------------------       

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s04294&pos=295&action=zoom&id=7802

s04294.jpg

Hi both,

Thanks for the images and help. Interesting that the Lane ran all the way down to Duke Street and makes my quest that bit harder. Can you think of anyway that i could definately find out?

Thanks once again

22 hours ago, togger said:

Evening all,

Thanks all

I noticed that you mentioned 1950's maps. I have been trying to jog my memory of that area which I knew in the 50's and realised that I don't think the bottom of school Lane was there then , I think that area occupied in the 50's by Embassy Court which must have been built before the war. That block of flats was considered quite posh by us at the time.

Sorry, i never thought of that, i should have realised that on the 50s map it would not be there. Anyway i am still trying to find out where number 10 was, so fingers crossed eh !!

Thanks for all your help