Salon Graph

dodger23

Thanks - 28 episodes up so far, I try and do a new one every two to three weeks! Please tell your pals who might be interested!

I will - this is absolute gold and you paint pictures with your words that make me feel like I"m right there with you at the shows

On 28/03/2020 at 13:24, dodger23 said:

Ah thanks man, that is a very nice compliment! Take care and stay safe.

limit.jpg

@dodger23 would you know if the band 'Graph' on the flyer above is the same band as Salon Graph?

Would that be the same band?

Morning, indeed it is the same band, they became Salon Graph when Pam Young joined.

Ian "Eric" Burden, the bass player with Graph / Salon Graph, joined The Human League after the original line-up split and Joanne and Suzanne joined Phil and Adrian.

2 hours ago, dodger23 said:

Morning, indeed it is the same band, they became Salon Graph when Pam Young joined.

Ian "Eric" Burden, the bass player with Graph / Salon Graph, joined The Human League after the original line-up split and Joanne and Suzanne joined Phil and Adrian.

Brilliant stuff - thank you very much!

Just found this great interview with Ian Burden where he talks about playing bass and synths with The Human League

46 minute edit of exclusive interview with musician Ian Burden.

What memories does he have of his childhood? How did he first hear pop music? Where did he establish his first group 'Graph'? What relationship did he have with The Human League before joining them? How enjoyable was his time in The Human League? What was the motivation behind the 'Loot' musical project? Why did it take him until 2018 to release his first solo album? What are his hopes for The Rutland Artspace Label?

GRAPH (1977 - 1980)
Ian Elliott (vocals) / Martin Rootes (keys) / Ian Burden (bass) / Nik Allday (drums)

Originally from Peterborough. Originally called Ophiuchus but changed it to Graph when Nik Allday joined. The band made its debut on the Fast label's first Earcom compilation, alongside the Blank Students, the Prats and the Flowers. Allday left the group near the end of 1979 and was replaced by Pam Young. From that point on, the band was known as Salon Graph. Burden eventually became involved with fellow Sheffield group the Human League. Elliot released a solo single " Fake All Your Dreams" on local Office Box Records.

Guest Tee Bee

Don’t suppose anybody has a link to a copy of the video that Graph made on the No. 8/9 circular bus route in Sheffield?.