Kelvin Grove Hotel

allowls

A nice old family photo taken around 1922 outside the Kelvin Grove Hotel Sheffield. Showing a group of people including my granduncle Charles Shinfield and his wife Beatrice Gwendoline Dykes (aka Queenie) (shown in front of the door). My granduncle and his wife were the proprietors at the time the photo was taken.
A family member who kindly sent me the photo told me that the pub was said to be a Gang pub and the people outside were thought to be associated with the infamous Mooney gang.
Does anyone know anything about the Kelvin Grove public house? Perhaps you recognise some ancestor in the photo? Could there be any truth that this public house was associated with the Mooney Gang? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211866439843414&set=gm.922970111137137&type=3&theater

001Kelvin Grove Hotel on Infirmary Road at the junction with Woolen Lane Sheffield c1916.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:20, Ray Shinfield said:

A nice old family photo taken around 1922 outside the Kelvin Grove Hotel Sheffield. Showing a group of people including my granduncle Charles Shinfield and his wife Beatrice Gwendoline Dykes (aka Queenie) (shown in front of the door). My granduncle and his wife were the proprietors at the time the photo was taken.
A family member who kindly sent me the photo told me that the pub was said to be a Gang pub and the people outside were thought to be associated with the infamous Mooney gang.
Does anyone know anything about the Kelvin Grove public house? Perhaps you recognise some ancestor in the photo? Could there be any truth that this public house was associated with the Mooney Gang? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211866439843414&set=gm.922970111137137&type=3&theater

001Kelvin Grove Hotel on Infirmary Road at the junction with Woolen Lane Sheffield c1916.jpg

IMG_3846.JPG.692310d593491ad6e95cb902da2fcefd.JPG

On 11/01/2018 at 16:41, allowls said:

My parents were licensees during the 1950's. They told us about the Mooney Gang connection

My great great grandparents where licensees during the 1800s Arnold woollen.