General Post Office

tozzin

The old girl is looking much better now, its a pity that with the theft of the lead from the roof and guttering the wall facing Flat Street has been badly stained by the rain.

General Post Office 1.jpg

She's a wonderful old girl and I'm sure that one day she'll be restorted to her full glory, although you won't be able to buy the latest Royal Mail new editions there and post your first day covers at the post box. Is it true that the building has been bought by Sheffield Hallam University to become their new faculty of Art and Design?

Paul Wazzie Worrall

She's a wonderful old girl and I'm sure that one day she'll be restorted to her full glory, although you won't be able to buy the latest Royal Mail new editions there and post your first day covers at the post box. Is it true that the building has been bought by Sheffield Hallam University to become their new faculty of Art and Design?

Paul Wazzie Worrall

It really annoys me that the University are buying up the buildings in Sheffield BUT if they are not changed outside and minimal change inside at least the buildings are saved. I just hope the students that are lucky enough to get accommodation in the GPO building will treat it with respect. Rumour has it the University has bought the old Hendersons building, I really hope this isn't demolished.