Bramwell........check up please

mick851

Hi,

Could somebody double check the family tree for Herbert Bramwell born 1886 and lived at 171 Bell Hagg rd Sheffield please, I have his parents  down as,  Thomas Bramwell who lived at 167 Bell Hagg rd ??? and was married to a Hannah Ibbotson? I know Herbert voluntary enlisted in the East Yorkshire Regt  on the 12th April 1915 aged 29 and he was married to Mary ? Elizabeth Roulson on the 25th ?December 1908.

Thanks 

Mick

I have the family in 1901 census & you are correct; parents are Thomas & Hannah.  Thomas married Hannah Ibbotson in Jun qtr 1878. In 1901 they were living at 40 St Phillips Rd Sheffield. I can't find them in 1891. In 1881 they were living at 8 Robertshaw St. with a son Arthur age 7 months. Thomas' parents were Jonathan & Eliza who have grandson Arthur with them in 1881.

Thank you Johnm,

The names Arthur Ellen and Eliza seem quite common in this family. Herbert's wife was called Elizabeth Bramwell  ( nee Roulson ) Elizabeth's parents where called Arthur Roulson and Eliza  Ellen Roulson. One of Herbert and Elizabeth's daughters  used Ellen as a middle name...........gets a bit confusing at times 

cheers

Mick

Baptisms at St Mary's Walkley

born 22 Oct 1909 baptised 10 Nov 1909
Nellie Dau of Herbert and Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 171 Bell Hagg Rd.  Cutler   

born 2 Mar 1911   baptised 22 Mar 1911
Edith Ellen Dau of  Herbert and Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 171 Bell Hagg Rd.  Cutler

born 9 Apr 1913  baptised 7 May 1913
Arthur Son of Herbert and Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 174 Bolehill Rd. Cutler

born 2 Sep 1915 baptised 22 Sep 1915  
Lucy Dau of Herbert and Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 171 Bell Hagg Rd.  Cutler (Soldier)                                      

born 10 Apr 1918 baptised 1 May 1918
Elizabeth Dau of Herbert and Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 171 Bell Hagg Rd. Cutler             

born 8 Aug 1926 baptised 8 Sep 1926
Jean Dau of Herbert and  Mary Elizabeth BRAMWELL 9 Moorsyde Cres. Cutler
(baptism at St. Saviour's)

From Sheffield Indexers:

BRAMWELL, Marjorie (Daug of Herbert, age 1 month).
     Died at 9 Moorsyde Crescent; Buried on May 13, 1925 in Consecrated ground; 
     Grave Number 1966, Section DD of Crookes Cemetery, Sheffield.