Bradfield

southside

I`m going over to Bradfield next week to take some photo`s of dwellings where my Ancestors once lived,can any one help me with the location of a couple.

1:  5xGrandfather Thomas Wilson (b Dore1775) gained his settlement in Bradfield working at PECK HALL FARM.

2:  3xGreatUncle  Thomas Cadman had a Grocers shop somewhere in Bradfield in 1871 (see image).

any info would be most appreciated

Thanks Southside

Thomas Cadman 1871.jpg

No help for your family history, but I thought you might be interested in these entries from the Sheffield Manorial Records;

1521  At a court held at Sheffeld the 13th August in the 13th year of Henry VIII, John Jelett, by Richard Bromehead reeve of the court, surrendered etc all that part or moiety  of a parcel of land called Peckhall in the parish of Bradfeld to the use of Joan Thorpe in tail, with remainder to Brian Jelott and Thomas Jellott his brother and their heirs forever.

1538-9  At a court 3 weeks in three, held at Sheffeld the 11th February in the 30 year of Henry VIII, Joan Thorpe, by Richard Shawe and John Wainewright of the township of Bradfeld surrendered etc the moiety [above described] to the use of Thomas  Jellott and Brian Jellott ...

1558  At a court of Francis earl of Shrewsbury held at Sheffeld the 10th May in the 4th and 5th years of Philip and Mary, Thomas Jelot surrendered etc the reversion after the reversion after the decease of the said Thomas, of the said moiety etc called Peckhall to the use of John Jellott, his son and his heirs forever...

Probably of no help whatsoever.

A crop from the above census .........

perkins.thumb.jpg.31bc08e990595f50f1bc93

And a newspaper article, published: January 14, 1871.

perkins_03.thumb.jpg.b91571ed3431c59bb7f

Thanks for the input Guys

Didn`t know Thomas had two shops SteveHB, He died at Brightholmlee in 1899, he is buried at St Nicholas Bradfield.

Thomas Cadmans step father was George Swindin Inspector to the Sheffield Water Works,so there could be some connection to Robert Perkins, wheels within wheels comes to mind, but by this time George Swindin had been dead a couple of years.

Southside