Computer query

Jen13

I wonder if someone who is computer literate (I'm not I'm afraid) can help me. I was sent some information about an ancestor quite a while ago and I thought I had printed it off. I saved the documents, all 8 pages, but now I can't open them. They appear to be in Notepad. I've tried to open them with Adobe but it says "could not open page 1 djvu as it is not a supported file type.

Is there any other way I can open them as they are early Army Service Records?

Hope someone can assist.

Thanks

Jenny

Edit:  Just found records online so I will save them again and try not to loose them!

Edit:  Just found records online so I will save them again and try not to loose them!

So you have sorted it then?

Hi Steve

Thanks for your offer of help, but I've found the original documents on Find My Past and have saved them. Just opened them to make sure I've done it right and I can read everything. I was panicking because the service records were really interesting.

Thanks again

Jenny

Dj vu is a file type used to compress length documents and frequently used for genealogical documents, - although it has been overtaken by the Adobe pdf format for this in more recent years.
To view a Djvu file you need to download the Djvu viewer which is free as it was an open source project originally available from LizardTech. They no longer seem to use Dj Vu but you can download the viewer here

http://www.djvuviewer.com/