Wood Lodge House and Chapel Joshua Tyzack

duckweed

Around 1860s Joshua Tyzack either built or moved into Wood Lodge. Address seems to be either Abbey Lane or Abbeydale Road. Joshua built a chapel within the grounds of his house for non-conformists and Anglicans. The house was bought by the Ibbitsons in 1939 when Joshua Tyzack junior died and was still in their possession in 1950. I can't find where the buildings were or any photos or traces of them. Anyone help?  

Around 1860s Joshua Tyzack either built or moved into Wood Lodge. Address seems to be either Abbey Lane or Abbeydale Road. Joshua built a chapel within the grounds of his house for non-conformists and Anglicans. The house was bought by the Ibbitsons in 1939 when Joshua Tyzack junior died and was still in their possession in 1950. I can't find where the buildings were or any photos or traces of them. Anyone help?  

Ibbetson Mrs. A, 460 Abbey Lane.

Kelly's 1965.

Chapel, lodge or gate lodge? Whatever it was it looks old.

abbey.thumb.jpg.2b3a50887702f82b643a4637

Yes, it looks old but what a beautiful place, I would gladly spend the rest of my days there! 

That's what I call a house, can I have the name of the builder?

Thanks Thylacine that really shows the House clearly. So surprising that someone didn't take a photo for the paper at a Garden party or similar.