Construction photo

RichardB

Guest transit

Also posted under pubs,

Industry Inn, Broad Street, 1960's

The flats being built are actually the Hyde Park Flats - the clues being- where the bus in the centre of the picture is , is where Granellis shop is , just before it turns up Duke Street and on that corner in front of the whiteish gable end was Shukers garage and round the corner was the Samson ? pub at the bottom of Duke Street. The Industry Pub would be where the Sheaf Square roundabout is, and some of the buildings on the left are still standing after being restored as part of the Canal Basin development.

The flats being built are actually the Hyde Park Flats - the clues being- where the bus in the centre of the picture is , is where Granellis shop is , just before it turns up Duke Street and on that corner in front of the whiteish gable end was Shukers garage and round the corner was the Samson ? pub at the bottom of Duke Street. The Industry Pub would be where the Sheaf Square roundabout is, and some of the buildings on the left are still standing after being restored as part of the Canal Basin development.

Bottoms lol

I was rather preoccupied posting pubs, barely looked at it :blink:

Samson pub also added, these are not my pictures, please feel free to annotate, comment, correct. I just found the time to post 'em, PictureSheffield is a rich resource, but it needs care and attention to pick stuff outta there.

All PctureSheffield postinggs, and indeed all others, should be freely comeented on/taken the Micheal of; to get a better result for everyone; post yer comments, right or wrong, better still post "stuff" and sod the consequenses, someone may gain from it, if they don't, they have lost nothing. Share, we all win; hold onto secrets, we all lose .... not, don't tell Tsavo - the Hunters Bar answer is in Vickers books, CoffeeCup should be able to help, I think - somethingies we have to keep secret lol :blink:

Guest tsavo

Ah.....assume we are talking J Edward here? I'm a bit hampered here as I have no reference books except for the Sheffield Cinemas book which I got last week. Great book, but a bit restricted in the general history area. So if it ain't on line bad luck. Was hoping to get some more books when we came over this July, but this has now been postponed till the end of the year. Not to worry, will soldier on. Just remembered, I met J Edward in the 70s but can't remember what we talked about! Typical.

Ah.....assume we are talking J Edward here? I'm a bit hampered here as I have no reference books except for the Sheffield Cinemas book which I got last week. Great book, but a bit restricted in the general history area. So if it ain't on line bad luck. Was hoping to get some more books when we came over this July, but this has now been postponed till the end of the year. Not to worry, will soldier on. Just remembered, I met J Edward in the 70s but can't remember what we talked about! Typical.

I feel I have sent you a "wrong 'un", see other posting on "A Difficult Question" posting.......