Unknown location, maybe Sheffield

RichardB

eBay

Failing singularly to upload a copy of the picture.

Is it Sheffield ? if so, where ? and what approximate year etc etc

Immediately it came to my mind that it was walking down Burngreave road away from Abbeyfield park and the old toll house at Firs Hill. Whit walks  and Edwardian? 

I'm probably way out though.

Lyn 

Any attempt is better than none !

Large gable end, presumably with a track or passageway between the buildings. Cobbled street with very wide pavements.  Got to be Whitsun with all them nice new clothes.

Immediately it came to my mind that it was walking down Burngreave road away from Abbeyfield park and the old toll house at Firs Hill. Whit walks  and Edwardian? 

I'm probably way out though.

Lyn 

Come to think of it though by the Edwardian period I  think they had trams running down there but it does look very like that road. 

Higher up than this http://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s13970&prevUrl= 

or photo s13970 if the link won't work. 

Lyn 

Come to think of it though by the Edwardian period I  think they had trams running down there but it does look very like that road. 

Higher up than this http://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s13970&prevUrl= 

or photo s13970 if the link won't work. 

Lyn 

That Property in the middle of the photo was our Family Doctor, Doctor McBoyle and Doctor Kershaw.

Meersbrook Park Road?

Marching to Vetsry Hall?

Would've required some major buildings works to make it fit though.

Meersbrook Park Road.PNG

The trees on Meersbrook Park Road were planted after the housees were built and were only saplings at that time.

The gap between the buildings has two very large gateposts, taller than the adults standing on the pavement. There's a glimpse above the house to the left of a taller building (I don't think it is a chimney on the near building)