Wheres Everybody Gone?

tozzin

Seems since the upgrade of the Sheffield History site, members have either got frustrated or just cant be bothered to post anymore, shame.

Guest Barbara M

I agree,I come on everyday but nobody there to talk to .......but I will keep it up as you never know !!

Its winter here.

​It's also going on to eleven o'clock in the evening, shouldn't you be in bed?

;-)

Sad to say, I watched the FA Cup Final live, set my alarm for 2 am. Haven't missed many in the last 40 years!!!

Not far now from (finally) having the site back to full working order

Stick with it - we're still working hard on it

I was here all the time, but my eyes were closed so you couldn't see me. (Script by my granddaughter)

Guest Barbara M

Not far now from (finally) having the site back to full working order

Stick with it - we're still working hard on it

​What wonderful news .......thank you !!!

I am still here, just a tad busier than I used to be. Still looking for old innkeepers but I am sure that list must be pretty much complete by now, or as close to as possible.

Seems since the upgrade of the Sheffield History site, members have either got frustrated or just cant be bothered to post anymore, shame.

i have not been able to get back on site it wouldn't accept my user name or password.  Finally it has accepted me perhaps others are having the same trouble.  I also have had a message on Facebook from somebody who is having trouble registering it won't accept her answer to the simple security question so there again it seems like there is a problem. 

i have not been able to get back on site it wouldn't accept my user name or password.  Finally it has accepted me perhaps others are having the same trouble.  I also have had a message on Facebook from somebody who is having trouble registering it won't accept her answer to the simple security question so there again it seems like there is a problem. 

These are just some of the ongoing issues we are having at present (well, for the last few months actually) Syl, and as you say it may be why things are very quiet at present. Admin is doing all he can put things right and is aware of most of the problems we are having. I just hope it doesn't put members off long term, - but the longer the problems go on the more likely that becomes.

Since the changes the log-on process has changed, and I'm sure a lot of users haven't been able to overcome this.  The old set up was a username and password to logon.  The system now wants your DISPLAY name and password - display name being the one that shows against your posts.  The username doesn't seem to be needed anywhere now.  Although the log-on screen does ask for "Display name" most people will just assume it wants the same information as it always did, so fail to get in.

Maybe when Admin are happy with the state of the site, they can send an email to "all users" to update them with how to get back on the site.