Old Works Neepsend Lane

tozzin

While out taking pictures of the old works around Neepsend Lane, I came across this one but I cant for the life of me remember who's works it was, can anyone remember?

While out taking pictures of the old works around Neepsend Lane, I came across this one but I cant for the life of me remember who's works it was, can anyone remember?

">Bardwell Road.jpg

Hallamshire Steel & File 

In recent times it was Barker Collins Engineering Limited, until they moved up to the Thorncliffe Estate in Chapeltown. That said, the figure that was Hallamsteel's logo (I think it was Vulcan?) was and still is on the front apex of the building. It used to stretch further up Bardwell Road, as this link to Google street view in 2008 shows:

Barker Collins - 2008

I think this is the place that James Firth V.C. worked. Can anybody confirm this?

​He lived at the end of Douglas Terrace and then on Douglas Road so it is a possibility.

I think this is the place that James Firth V.C. worked. Can anybody confirm this?

​This was also the place where Italian singer Toni Dalli worked too before he became professional .