Memories Of The Ruskin Museum?

Guest nickpotter36

Guest nickpotter36

Hi all,

As part of the upcoming Ruskin-In-Sheffield festival, due for May this year, I'm working on a research project on the Ruskin Collection's history for Museums Sheffield. The collection is currently in the Millennium Galleries, but has previously been in Walkley, Meersbrook Park, and on Norfolk St. In particular, some people on here might remember it on Norfolk St, or have older relatives who remember it in Meersbrook Park.

We're looking for anyone who has memories or recollections of these museum to contribute to the project - if anyone on here can remember anything, it'd be incredible to hear your stories! The Meersbook Park museum is proving especially elusive (there were no visitor books kept as far as we know), so any thoughts at all would be most useful.

Cheers!

Nick

(We have an email as well if you wanted to get in touch there: ruskinmuseumsproject@gmail.com)

Guest Del Paul Pickup

Hi Nick,

I'm leading a small team of archaeology students who are aslo researching Ruskin's museum as a community heritage project. Our focus is mostly on the original museum in Walkley, it's imapct there and wheher there is a lasting legacy. Maybe we could collaborate?

Del

I am researching Meersbrook Hall. I believe there is a guide book somewhere that has some photos of the interior of the Meersbrook Ruskin Museum but haven't been able to find them yet.