Os Maps Of Sheffield 1970's/1980's

Guest PMG50

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the links to where I can find decent quality OS maps of Sheffield from the 70's or 80's?

I'm specifically looking for Sheffield (midland) Train Station if that helps

Thank you in advance!

Maps as recent as 1970s and 1980s are still under copyright of Ordnance Survey and as such carry Crown Copyright so no web site or Internet company other than OS themselves can reproduce or make these maps available.

The OS maps on Sheffield History are all over 50 years old, - in fact they are all from the 1950s.

We had contacted the OS before publishing these online and we have their permission to use them as they are considered by OS to be out of date. However, it was still a condition of their use that we credit the Ordnance Survey and we watermark the images so that if they are copied the source is obvious, - hence they all have a red Sheffield history logo watermark across them.

The only way you are likely to get these maps is to buy them, - and that may be easier said than done as although they are still within OS copyright and cannot be displayed on the internet they are currently out of date and no longer in production. Shops selling OS maps will now be selling the latest 21st century editions.

Thank you for your responses everyone. I did think it was strange why there were no recent 'old' maps available.

It was what a specific section of land was being used for near the train station. I'll find out somehow I'm sure.

Thanks, Phil