Growing Old, It's Better Than The Alternative, But Only Just !

hilldweller

I've been in the wars again. :(

Woke up at 2 am bursting to go to the lavatory. Swung my legs out of bed and tried to stand up.

My legs buckled under me and I crashed into the dressing table, then fell backwards and head-butted a large oil-filled electric radiator.

Cue the appearance of a paramedic and two beefy ambulance men.

I felt so ill I couldn't get off my knees but they eventually got me into a chair with rubber tank-tracks for negotiating stairs.

It was another episode of the extremely fast acting celluitis infections that I get in my bad leg.

My until then sleeping, wife was terrified by my antics and thought we had been struck by a jack-knifing artic

At least it's solved the decision of wether to replace the bedroom carpet or not. Unless of course I can dye the rest of it claret coloured to match.

NGH patched my head with superglue and sent me home with a load of antibiotics.

It's no joke growing old !

HD

On the gradual mend but Sad Times here at Hilldweller Towers.

My wife lost her remaining younger brother to a MASSIVE heart attack the day before Christmas Eve. He was younger than myself.

HD

Sorry HD,

These things are always unexpected which makes them worse and harder to deal with.

Lets hope things will get better for you in the new year.

Just a short word of explanation to my friends on the forum.

My brother-in-law lived on his own since the death of his wife four years ago. He lived in a housing association OAP bungalow and we are very busy arranging the funeral and wake. As his executors we are very busy arranging the clearing of his lovely home and it's heartbreaking. We can't arrange the funeral before the 15th.

I hope to be posting again in a month or so.

HD

Just a short word of explanation to my friends on the forum.

My brother-in-law lived on his own since the death of his wife four years ago. He lived in a housing association OAP bungalow and we are very busy arranging the funeral and wake. As his executors we are very busy arranging the clearing of his lovely home and i's heartbreaking. We can't arrange the funeral before the 15th.

I hope to be posting again in a month or so.

HD

Hope it go as smooth as possible for you both HD. There is never a good time to sort these things out and I don't think the dark winter nights help much either. Let's hope the weather stays as it is for a while, Regards, W/E.