Jump to content

Sheffield North Station


Recommended Posts

History dude

Funny how the Sheffield Midland light (lamp) was turned around on that Platform, but on others like the one in the background the lamp part is aligned with the platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Unitedite Returns

Absolutely fantastic image.

The locomotive was built by The North British Locomotive Company, Glasgow, to their works number, 25848, on 30-10-1946, withdrawn from Colwick MPD, [38A], on 19-02-1966, and disposed of 31-05-1966 to Birds, Long Marston, where it was cut-up. One of 410 built between 1942 and 1952.

Now, sadly long gone, like the signal box behind and the signal gantries over the running lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...