Windows 10

SteveHB

I knew it Microsoft can't count he he

What happened to 9?

What's with all the kids looking icons? Is everyone employed at Microsoft actually 10 years old, which is why the called it Windows 10?

What's with all the kids looking icons? Is everyone employed at Microsoft actually 10 years old, which is why the called it Windows 10?

Windows for 10 year olds, complete with nursery style icon pack, I like that one Dude lol

Just realised they could not have called it Windows 9. As somebody would have called it Windows 9 and three quarters!

I've just moved up to the dizzy heights of Windows 7.

I wish they'd just carried on in the XP style. Nothing's in the right place any more.

I'm on Windows 7 and windows explorer randomly crashes then restarts. There doesn't seem to be a cure for it. It never happened on XP.

Vox if you liked your programs running separately on the taskbar like in XP (rather than grouped together). Just right click on the taskbar and you can change it back to XP style. That is something that I found helpful.

I'm on Windows 7 and windows explorer randomly crashes then restarts. There doesn't seem to be a cure for it. It never happened on XP.

Vox if you liked your programs running separately on the taskbar like in XP (rather than grouped together). Just right click on the taskbar and you can change it back to XP style. That is something that I found helpful.

Someone told me about that one, and that's how I use it, but thanks anyway. I wish there was a button that made it into XP. lol

Actually I think you can get a version of the OS that is like XP, it's more expensive though.

There's speculation going around that Microsoft wants to make Operating Systems that users have to subscribed to each year. Just like Ancestry - you pay each time, even though they might not have updated it.

Some of the reviews on Windows 10 say that the version update is fast and very efficient, which would make it ideal for operating system subscription.

I've seen one YouTube video where the reviewer has installed the trial version of Windows 10 and says the only users that would change to it would be Windows 8 users. He reckons that both the trial versions of Windows 7 and 8 were just like the finished versions. And so there is no reason why this version is going to be any different.

I saw a video for Zorin 8 which looks way better than Windows 7 or the others. However the flaw came near the end when he said "you can even get around the common software problems of working on this system".

Yes I bet you can if your super geek!

Actually I think you can get a version of the OS that is like XP, it's more expensive though.

There's speculation going around that Microsoft wants to make Operating Systems that users have to subscribed to each year. Just like Ancestry - you pay each time, even though they might not have updated it.

Some of the reviews on Windows 10 say that the version update is fast and very efficient, which would make it ideal for operating system subscription.

I've seen one YouTube video where the reviewer has installed the trial version of Windows 10 and says the only users that would change to it would be Windows 8 users. He reckons that both the trial versions of Windows 7 and 8 were just like the finished versions. And so there is no reason why this version is going to be any different.

I saw a video for Zorin 8 which looks way better than Windows 7 or the others. However the flaw came near the end when he said "you can even get around the common software problems of working on this system".

Yes I bet you can if your super geek!

I believe there are quite a few free Linux distros that look or can be made to look like Windows, presumably Windows XP. I am not sure how close they look because I have not used anything Microsoft for many years. I am currently using Debian Linux and have not found anything I cannot do, Ancestry etc. work fine.