Tapton Congregational Church Ww1 Soldiers? How Do You Find Them Please?

miked

Someone has asked me how they could find fallen soldiers that attended the Tapton Congregational Church. There is not a memorial at the church.

I,ve no idea.

Grateful for any suggestions

Someone has asked me how they could find fallen soldiers that attended the Tapton Congregational Church. There is not a memorial at the church.

I,ve no idea.

Grateful for any suggestions

Mike

Just because there isn't one now, does not mean there never was one. Excuse my ignorance, is the church old enough, lists were produced by individual churches after the war to commemorate their parishioners who had either fallen or served. I would be surprised if they did not produce some memorial.

I suggest you enquire at Sheffield Archives they may be able to help.

Other than that, if the church have no record of a memorial, then you will need to identify the parishoners of the time and research them to establish who served etc, not an impossible task but not an easy one.

Sorry I can't be of much further help.

Mike

Just because there isn't one now, does not mean there never was one. Excuse my ignorance, is the church old enough, lists were produced by individual churches after the war to commemorate their parishioners who had either fallen or served. I would be surprised if they did not produce some memorial.

I suggest you enquire at Sheffield Archives they may be able to help.

Other than that, if the church have no record of a memorial, then you will need to identify the parishoners of the time and research them to establish who served etc, not an impossible task but not an easy one.

Sorry I can't be of much further help.

The church goes back to 1853, Just thought there is no no grave yard so I wonder where they were buried. The are/ were classed as none-conformists. Thanks for advice.