Anyone Identify This Building From 1964?

Kishinev93

It's not Busk Meadows.It's The Willows old peoples home on Fulwood Road (near Stumperlowe Park).I used to live next door to it.

Well, thanks "jimmydunneclone" for putting me right. In the 80s I spent many happy days driving on excursions with residents from the many council run OAP establishments around our city. The care they received in those far off days was second to none. I will always remember the looks of gratitude and appreciation I was given whether it was a trip to Buxton, the coast or the Lake District. On one occasion on a trip up to the Lakes we had been held up with roadworks on the Motorway, on arriving at our destination we were just in time to see our boat disappearing in the distance, the next thing it had done a U-turn and came back to a rousing applause to pick everyone up. The attached photo shows the coach getting ready for the journey home. Happy days! W/E.

Well, thanks "jimmydunneclone" for putting me right. In the 80s I spent many happy days driving on excursions with residents from the many council run OAP establishments around our city. The care they received in those far off days was second to none. I will always remember the looks of gratitude and appreciation I was given whether it was a trip to Buxton, the coast or the Lake District. On one occasion on a trip up to the Lakes we had been held up with roadworks on the Motorway, on arriving at our destination we were just in time to see our boat disappearing in the distance, the next thing it had done a U-turn and came back to a rousing applause to pick everyone up. The attached photo shows the coach getting ready for the journey home. Happy days! W/E.attachicon.gifoap bus 007.JPG

Could you please, perhaps add this photograph to the post started by SteveHB, entitled "Sheffield Buses 1980's" it would be good to get that post going again.

I loved to drive that bus but never saw it in those colours.

That bus was a bit of an oddball. SYPTE had a few of them, but that one survived because they converted it to include a wheelchair lift. You can just see the altered roof line near the back in the photo.