Heavy Plant Sculpture

RichardB

If it is privately owned, I suppose it is up to the owner what happens to it. If it belongs to the city then we paid a lot of money for it, and surely it should be written into the terms of the development that it must be incorporated or re-sited as a condition.

Anyone know what's happened to the steelworkers group at Meadowhell? I know the owners had them moved from their original spot inside to a temporary home near the dustbins outside, and chopped them into several pieces in the process, but they did promise to re-erect them in a prominent position outside. As someone who avoids the place like the plague I just wondered whether the management had delivered on their promise?

I was there a few weeks ago and they were still outside the entrance. As you say, next to the bins. Have they been moved again ?

I can't say that the scrap sculpture reminds me of much more than..."scrap". Unlike the sculptures which were created out of "splashings" of stainless steel from a local foundry. They were, indeed, scrap but made some beautiful shapes. I have to say I have no idea of what happened to them.