Sheffield Cafe's Of The Past

Sheffield History

Guest SuzyC

Oh sorry folks, just seen my initial post appear. Takes a long time to catch up here in the Campo. And we´re not talking Campo Lane here. lol

I remember the Lep (we lived down Westbourne Road).

Good to find someone who went to the Lep.

We must have seen each other there at some time because it wasn't called The Lep for very long.

I used to go to the Fav as well. Well didn't we all ?

I do remember the funeral although I didn't know the lad personally. Was his accident somewhere near Millhouses ?

Can't really remember.

Names I remember - Rob Clarke, Dinah Clarke, Paul Blackwell, Janet Cass, Janet Hagen, Rocco Madoni (is that how it's spelled ?), Kath Streets,

Guest SuzyC

Good to find someone who went to the Lep.

We must have seen each other there at some time because it wasn't called The Lep for very long.

I used to go to the Fav as well. Well didn't we all ?

I do remember the funeral although I didn't know the lad personally. Was his accident somewhere near Millhouses ?

Can't really remember.

Names I remember - Rob Clarke, Dinah Clarke, Paul Blackwell, Janet Cass, Janet Hagen, Rocco Madoni (is that how it's spelled ?), Kath Streets,

Rocco, now you're talking, hadn't thought of him in years. He was a nutter! Wonder what became of him. At least we have someone in common! Sorry I don't remember any other people, but as I said, was a lonely sole, so may have chatted but not been friends. How nice was it then that we could do that, just chat without an agenda for whatever

Rocco, now you're talking, hadn't thought of him in years. He was a nutter! Wonder what became of him. At least we have someone in common! Sorry I don't remember any other people, but as I said, was a lonely sole, so may have chatted but not been friends. How nice was it then that we could do that, just chat without an agenda for whatever

This is at Vox. Been thinking about Rocco and it came to mind that his Grandad was the lollypop man at at bottom of Brocco Bank. He was a huge laugh to us kids, as used to stride out into the middle of the road shouting "All schools have been warned" in his grating voice. Needless to say we never took any notice of him :)

This is at Vox. Been thinking about Rocco and it came to mind that his Grandad was the lollypop man at at bottom of Brocco Bank. He was a huge laugh to us kids, as used to stride out into the middle of the road shouting "All schools have been warned" in his grating voice. Needless to say we never took any notice of him :)

I think Rocco had a brother as well. I didn't know either of them very well, I don't think they were part of the "Scooter Crowd" Probably a year or so older than me. (A couple of years is a lot when you're 16 isn't it.)

I think Rocco had a brother as well. I didn't know either of them very well, I don't think they were part of the "Scooter Crowd" Probably a year or so older than me. (A couple of years is a lot when you're 16 isn't it.)

Yes I think he had an older brother, he just seemed to be a fixture of Broomhill, think everyone knew him as a bit of a character. I would have been around 15 in those days :) and was always fascinated by all the scooters with their plethora of wing mirrors and "shiny stuff". :P

Guest liamdsmith

My mum used to work at The 'Piccolo' on Cambridge Street.

My Uncle and his wife used to own and run the Piccolo Cafe on Cambridge street