Number Of Legs

RichardB

The number of my legs successfully fractured/broken this weekend = 1.

Find out more tomorrow. It's either a broken fibula or what the hospital described as a spectacular fracture I.e. 95% through. Which is nice-ish.

Eeek! You weren't reaching for an 1819 Hunter's Hallamshire for £10 on the top shelf of an old book store or such like was you?!?

I managed to break my leg in three places years ago, while attempting to reach a paint pot through the loft hatch.

Not only did I break the ends off tib & fib but also a bone in my ankle, I can't remember the medical term but it began with tri-something

To look down and see your foot pointing east-west, instead of north-south, comes as a bit of a shock. It did sting a bit as well :o

A couple of days in the NGH and enough bits of metal plate and screws to hold a wardrobe together, soon put me right although I'm banned from MRI scanners.

You've not developed further Thespian tendencies have you by any chance, when a fellow actor tells you to "break a leg" they don't really mean it. :wub:

Good luck with it.

HD

Not received as part of re-enactment - was walking back after the days events.

A war wound perhaps? Does re-enactment go as far as medical treatment for injuries received?

Spiral break of base of fibula, give it a week, will either be knitting together nicely (no further action, just 6-8 weeks healing) or if its still loose, may need pinning which doesn't sound very nice ... ish.

Let's hope it's the former, not nice but the lesser of two evils. All the best for a speedy recovery Richard.