Cross addy street / Addy street 50's and 60's S6

Guest Desy

Guest anne kirk

lol

I remember a Brian Naylor and Trevor Dawson my childhood sweetheart.

Trevor used to bring his little dog for walkies on the tip and I would bring our alsation that was built like a donkey, he was far too powerful for me, the dog that is not Trevor.

I was only 12 at the time but I think Trevor got fedup of my dog eating his dog.

I also remember Michael Wigfall and Trevor Cotteral?

hello i remember trevor and brian i bet you remember me its anne kirk my brother len we lived at number 13 cross addy street i now live in the midlands in the i have just found this site by chance wow how it all takes you back to when we were kids thats a few years ago would like to keep in toush with you bye for now

Guest anne kirk

The Twins? - would that be the Metcalfes? used to live opposite the church hall that also became famous as The Ark disco - I am sure one, or both of the twins ran the Ark - they had a younger brother called Tim who was about our age - I think one of the twins names was Paul

Lucy Bryan - the Vicars daughter - and her sister Brenda

hello i used to live at number 13 cross addy street with my brother len kirk 2 doors away from sharon and kevin walker tony and donald lived 2 dooer away in the same yard at the end od the street leslie gregory lived at the big house marriots they were quite a large family i found this site by chance and would to hear from you again its really nice catcthing up with everyone i will give you my email address please get back to me and maybe we could share our stories and how we have done thro life those were the hard days princessanne215@msn.com would love to hear from you am i talking to kevin walker will you say hello to sharon take care god bless look forward to hearing from you Anne Kirk

Guest CaroleMason

Marian, did you have a sister Brenda? My sister Marian (same unusual spelling as yours) had a friend Brenda Frost who probably lived in Crookesmoor Road. We lived in Springvale Road. One of the girls in your photo looks very much like a picture I have of Brenda out rambling with us in Derbyshire.

Guest CaroleMason

skeets, The Lindleys' daughter was called Maureen. They lived just above and across the road from us in Springvale Road. My sister Marian was a good friend of Maureen.

On 6/18/2007 at 11:44, vtheaker said:

I lived on Crookesmoor Rd and went there from age 5-8, 1960-1963 till we moved to Sharrow.

Can only remember teacher Mrs Hornsey and the head Mr Oakes.

Other classmates

Susan Buxton

Paula Backhouse

Andrew Peters

Magda Rupik

I remember Mum taking me to school after the 1962 storm and there were chimney pots and slates smashed on the pavement.

My older sister also went there 1954-1960?, then went onto the newly opened Myers Grove.

Here's my class photo from 1969 that includes Mr Oakes and Mrs Hornsea

Class.jpg

My name is Jack, up to 1969 I lived on Arthur street. In what was Watmoughs coal yard area. I went to Crooksmoor school infants, juniors and seniors to the point where I moved schools and I went to Cts on Leopold street Sheffield, some pals at the time were cross brothers, also Steven Allen. If anyone knew me, would love to hear from them!

Any information regarding Cheryl Goldthorpe, as well as we were also acquaintances.

Thanks

Jack  

Hi

Appreciate this is an old thread but just in case anyone is still active...

My Dad & Auntie grew up on Cross Addy St - I'm not sure what number but the name was Hardwick. My Nan lived there until the houses were demolished then only moved a stones throw away. 

I saw someone mention Carol Hallam - I'm thinking her parents were Winnie & Bill, I remember them both very well 😊

Would love to hear from anyone who may remember them