Tinsley Park Cemetery Help And Military Help !

Laura14

I am trying to find several members of my family, all believed to be at Tinsley cemetery. I only have names to go on, Harry Staniforth and Jessie Smith.

The only piece of information about Harry Staniforth that I do have is that he served as Private in the Dorset Yeomanry during the First World War and survived. His signing up papers listed him as Harvey.

Any help whether this be about the military history aspect or where they are buried would be of great help !!!

Hi Laura

There are 3 Jessie Smiths buried at Tinsley Park cemetery

Jessie Smith 3 Oct 1906, 4m, daug of John Edward, 33 James St Darnall, grave no X8c

Jessie Smith 20 Nov1909, 13, daug of George, 22 Farraday Road, Attercliffe D17c

Jessie Smith, 17 Nov 1927 3m, daug of Hannah, 35 Surrey Rd/Childrens hospital GB93gp

Harry Staniforth 30 Apr 1946, 62, Carter, 23 Steadfast St,drowned in the, CB6gp

Sorry can't say where he drowned -that all it says it says in the records I have.

Sue

Hi Sue

Thank you that's a big help with Harry !!! We know through family stories that it was near Abyssinia Bridge,Sheffield. I didn't have any other information.

Apologies on Jessie Smith, that was her maiden name (my fault) her married name was Staniforth(Harrys wife). Is it possible to find out where she is?

Many thanks for all your help,

Laura.

Two households in 1911 , each with a Harry Staniforth (one born 1910, one born 1884 a widower), one with a Jessie Smith. Looks like an interesting story?

Hi Laura

I cannot find Jessie Staniforth in Tinsley Park, Darnall or Attercliffe cemeteries.

Looking at death indexes for Jessie, I think she may have died in 1974.

The indexes I have only list burials to 1973 for Tinsley Park cemetery. She could be buried with Harry but you may have to contact Sheffield Bereavement Services to confirm it.

Sue

Hi Sue,

This is great thank you so much. I haven't been able to locate Jessie Smith at all. She seems to have slipped off the radar.

Thanks again,

Laura.