Middlewood road

Hjdary

The best bit about my job is that I get to go in houses all over town and meet tons of people.

I seem to spend all day talking and the great part is some very normal converstions can throw up some wierd things.

Yesterday I was in a house on Middlewood Road. Most of these type of properties have a bathroom at the top of the stairs straight in front of you but this one was different.

I was working in the bedroom and happened to say to the customer how unusual it was to have such a large bedroom where the bathroom should be and he came out with this amazing tale.

It turns out that when he bought the house an old lady from down the street came up to him to pass on the history of the house.

His house and the joining three where built by a bloke who owned a nearby Quarry. The house attched to his were for his family and some round the corner were for his staff.

To distinguish his from his relatives he had a large extention put on the back at the time of building and made himself a upstairs snooker room.

When you look at the front of the houses you can see were others have been joined on and you can imagine them standing in isolated splender.

The old lady was the last remaining relative to be living in the huses built for them by the generous quarry owner and she wanted to make sure the story was passed on.

Some impressive old houses opposite the park, near Minto Road/Hawksley Avenue.

Leader Road, now I remember visiting an old family friend there in the 70's, was this named after Leader the historian I wonder ??

Will I ever get a road named after me ? Baldy, fat, belligerent Yorkshireman Avenue has quite a ring to it don't you think ? lol

Some impressive old houses opposite the park, near Minto Road/Hawksley Avenue.

Leader Road, now I remember visiting an old family friend there in the 70's, was this named after Leader the historian I wonder ??

Will I ever get a road named after me ? Baldy, fat, belligerent Yorkshireman Avenue has quite a ring to it don't you think ? lol

baldfatbelly Avenue sounds better Richard lollol lol

baldfatbelly Avenue sounds better Richard lollollol

It's not just my belly that's fat, it's all of me; imagine a beachball with eyebrows and you're close lol

Guest tsavo

It's not just my belly that's fat, it's all of me; imagine a beachball with eyebrows and you're close lol

One of your parents wasn't a space hopper by any chance.......? :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One of your parents wasn't a space hopper by any chance.......? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Neither parent was a 70's sports goods craze ... lol

Wilf Van Heel, his name was, I was about 8, my Mother, Wilf's friend, wasn't 8, I have a wallet somewhere of Wilf's, of course it was naned after Leader, but there were three of 'em, Tsavo to fill in the details ... probably ...