Shock! Horror! Hendogate!

Bayleaf

Item on Look North tonight

Some of it filmed in Henderson's factory, followed by a "taste test" Hendo's v Lee & Perrins at the new Sheffield Moor market

In the taste test everyone who tried it could tell the difference and rated Hendo's better that the competition.

This Jim Dowd should do his homework he doesn't know what he's talking about, there's

no comparison with the other stuff.

We will have to forgive him if he's a southerner.

I don't think its forgivable.

This bloke is supposed to be making valued judgements to run the country, - he is an MP after all, then he starts passing comment and criticising something he has never heard of and knows nothing about.

To me that is just plain ignorance.

it would be a waste of relish, I always thought Hendo's was a special product not in competition with other relishes, it compliments certain dishes only Hendo's can. Just bought 2 more bottles here in Javea. THATS THE WAY TO DO IT.

What do you reckon Dave, drown him in a butt of Hendos? Or would that be a waste of good relish? :o

it would be a waste of relish, I always thought Hendo's was a special product not in competition with other relishes, it compliments certain dishes only Hendo's can. Just bought 2 more bottles here in Javea. THATS THE WAY TO DO IT.

Funny you should say that Bayleaf as only yesterday I posted something similar on my Facebook timeline

to quote from it, -

"So some Pillock southern MP is offered Hendersons instead of his Lee & Perrins "Worcester Sauce" and he starts mouthing off about while actually knowing nowt about it, claiming Hendo's is a cheap rip off.

Well here in Sheffield this has caused the Hendogate scandal with calls for this MP to be either hung drawn and quartered or at least drowned in barrel of Lee & Perrins.

Even made it onto Look North tonight!"

As people on here, especially History Dude will be aware, I am no fan at all of the Bard of Avon but I did think that being drowned in a barrel of Lee & Perrins was much akin to being drowned in a barrel of wine which happened in one of Shakespeares plays.

...and YES it would Bayleaf and MrPunch it would be a waste of Hendersons, - which is why I suggested drowning him in Lee & Perrins. It seems that Lee & Perrins does have a use after all.

Drowned in a barrel of wine!!! What a waste of wine! Come on Shakespeare you will have to do better than that.

Forget HENDOGATE, there is now an even bigger scandal, ACKROYDGATE.

I have just looked at tonight's copy of The Star and there is, as you would expect in Sheffield, a big double page article on the Hendogate scandal.

BUT, which journalist has been given the job of doing this report, CHRISTA ACKROYD !!!!!!!!! Or, as The Star proudly presents her "Christa Ackroyd, former presenter of BBC Look North"

Well, let me get this straight, - down here in Sheffield we refer to "Look North" as "Look Leeds" because all the news they present is Leeds / Bradford based and very, very rarely Sheffield (or York, or Doncaster, or Barnsley, or Wakefield, or Hull or anywhere else in Yorkshire that isn't within easy walking distance of their Leeds based BBC studio). Christa Ackroyd always championed Leeds and Bradford, hated having to get in her car and drive down to Sheffield and absolutely loathed the place. She never had a good word for Sheffield and could not pronounce local place names like "Gleadless" mainly because she had never been there, had nothing to do with them and couldn't care less about them.

So what the hell is she doing writing a news report about a Sheffield company for a Sheffield newspaper?

Why are The Star even employing her? After all, she was sacked by the BBC for being too greedy and demanding too high a salary, higher than other journalists doing the same job. I'm sure The Star will be paying over the odds for her services (they are bound to be because I wouldn't pay tuppence for her opinions on Sheffield).

Why didn't The Star get a real, local, respected journalist like Ellen Beardmore to do the report.

Yes it's a scandal alreyt, - and I may have just bought my LAST copy of The Star.

Latest news on Look Leeds tonight

The southern MP in question has accepted an invitation to come to Sheffield and visit the Hendersons factory and sample some of its produce.

I suppose he'll get a few freebies off them too, which I suppose is worth it given the extra publicity Hendersons will have got out of this scandal.

What we would really like is a public apology, he should go back to Parliament and instead of saying he has never heard of Hendersons and that it it is just a cheap rip off of Lee & Perrins he should say to Parliament how fantastic Hendersons is and how much better it is than Lee & Perrins.

That would be the Christ Ackroyd who did a report from the steps of the City Hall about the Sheffield Blitz and took three goes to get the month and year right?

I hope our MP's of whichever party have ensured that Hendo's is available in all the restaurants and canteens in Parliament?

Either the Star is slumming it or Christa Ackroyd is slumming it.

My opinion is that they deserve each other, how low can you go?

I stopped buying the Star when they changed the whole design of it and put the price up.

That would be the Christ Ackroyd who did a report from the steps of the City Hall about the Sheffield Blitz and took three goes to get the month and year right?

That would be the very same Christa Ackroyd indeed. Before BBC Look Leeds she used to Calendar for the other side. On Calendar she once claimed that all teachers "knew nothing" which annoyed me, being a teacher, but in my experience people who make remarks like that about teachers usually had a very unsuccessful education at school themselves.

Then, also on ITV, there was the time she had to interview the comedian Ken Dodd. Ken playing his usual Knotty Ash tickling stick role insisted on repeatedly calling her "Gladys" instead of Christa. She got really annoyed at this proving that she can throw out the insults and comments out at other people but can't take the slightest criticism of herself. Again in my experience, people like this are not nice, - if you can't take a bit of criticism then you shouldn't be dishing it out.

I hope our MP's of whichever party have ensured that Hendo's is available in all the restaurants and canteens in Parliament?

I am hoping they pass an Act of Parliament to grant Hendersons the Royal seal of approval so that it can say on its bright orange clearly identifyable label, -

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN

It already says this on HP sauce, - does The Queen really have a bottle of sauce on her dinner table down at the palace?

Either the Star is slumming it or Christa Ackroyd is slumming it.

My opinion is that they deserve each other, how low can you go?

I stopped buying the Star when they changed the whole design of it and put the price up.

I only buy The Star on Saturday when it contains the Retro suppliment and I only bothered to buy it today for the Hendogate story.

...and what do I get, - The Hendogate story presented by Christa Ackroyd!!!

According to Radio Sheffield this evening Jim Dowd MP has excepted an Invite to visit Hendersons Factory in Sheffield.

That would be the very same Christa Ackroyd indeed. Before BBC Look Leeds she used to Calendar for the other side. On Calendar she once claimed that all teachers "knew nothing" which annoyed me, being a teacher, but in my experience people who make remarks like that about teachers usually had a very unsuccessful education at school themselves.

At least she brought some glamour to Look North lol

According to Radio Sheffield this evening Jim Dowd MP has excepted an Invite to visit Hendersons Factory in Sheffield.

Thats what they said on Look Leeds as well.

I bet they keep the date and time secret so that there won't be any protests or trouble though.

At least she brought some glamour to Look North lol

Come off it Stuart, Christa is only a year or two younger than us.

She is mutton dressed as lamb and the picture of her in The Star is after a makeover, taken in a studio with correct lighting and then with some Photoshop retouching of the resulting image. She is much less glamourous than our wives.

Not my sort at all.

The women that do the weather after the news are far more glamourous.

I am hoping they pass an Act of Parliament to grant Hendersons the Royal seal of approval so that it can say on its bright orange clearly identifyable label, -

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN

It already says this on HP sauce, - does The Queen really have a bottle of sauce on her dinner table down at the palace?

Problem is, products that carry a 'By Appointment' label from a member of the Royal family are expected to provide them for nowt, and I can't see a true Yorkshire firm going along with that ! <_<

I'll agree with you on that Dave , the other female news readers and weather girls

are much more feminine and have a better dress sense.

And have you noticed how Harry Gration is much more relaxed now she gone

I'll agree with you on that Dave , the other female news readers and weather girls

The fact that other women come across as more feminine than her is just the sort of thing that would really annoy her, - and some of the things she said to her fellow presenters were not nice, a bit like the things she said about Sheffield. She wasn't nice to Harry Gration, who seems a very reasonable approachable sort of bloke and it must have annoyed him that she earned more money than him and did less work than him. He must be really pleased she has gone.

To be fair, given that Stuart used a smileyface icon in his post where he said Christa brought some glamour to The Star I think he wasn't so much joking as pretending to wind me up. If he knows I really dislike someone like Christa Ackroyd or Jeremy Clarkson he comes out with comments like this.

Harry relaxed he looks almost happy!!!!!!