Romeos And Juliets Nightclub On Bank Street, Sheffield

Sheffield History

Romeos_Juliets_Sheffield.jpg

ROMEOS AND JULIETS
Bank Street, Sheffield

Looking for all the information, memories and photographs of Romeos and Juliets that was situated on Bank Street in Sheffield.

What do you remember of this special Sheffield nightclub ?

Were you a member of the pink key club ?

It seems to hold many fond memories for many Sheffield people who enjoyed Romeo and Juliets when they were of a clubbing age

I did see New Order play at Romeo & Juliet's. Early 80's, I think it was one of Disco John's (of Blitz club fame) more upmarket promotions.

Romeo and Juliet`s Sheffield was managed by Dave Jameson – who said “People want comfort, security, and to be able to relax in the disco without trouble. The key, therefore, is who you let in. Sometimes we we keep more out than we allow in. But that way we avoid trouble. Mark Laidler was box office manager at Sheffield, and used 8 door staff working in pairs. He was quoted as saying “The minimum age for entrance is 20. The rule is that if you have to ask a girl`s age – don`t admit her. It isn`t worth the trouble. The real trouble makers are between 15 and 18 – they`re too volatile”.

On October 14, 2014 at 20:31, dodger23 said:

I did see New Order play at Romeo & Juliet's. Early 80's, I think it was one of Disco John's (of Blitz club fame) more upmarket promotions.

I was there for the gig mate. Think it was the first tour they did after Curtis' untimely death. Didn't they smash up some of the equipment ?

• Like 1