Request For Local Radio Pieces

Calvin72

Hello All,

As a new member enjoying themselves already on here i would like to make a request. I present a current affairs magazine radio show on Sheffield Live FM and i am looking to do pieces on local history. There are plenty of opportunities coming up for members here to come and chat about subjects that you are knowledgeable on. For instance i will be covering the 150th anniversary of the Sheffield Flood in a few weeks and would like a guest or two for that :) .

As an example there is a programme i did on Sheffield's Tram history still available as a podcast on our website. I am having trouble with making a link but it was on Wednesday 18th December at 12 midday and my show is called 'Communities Live'. I would appreciate any thoughts on it and you can get an idea of the show.

Thanks everyone,

Calvin

As an example there is a programme i did on Sheffield's Tram history still available as a podcast on our website. I am having trouble with making a link but it was on Wednesday 18th December at 12 midday and my show is called 'Communities Live'. I would appreciate any thoughts on it and you can get an idea of the show.

Thanks everyone,

Calvin

More adverts than ITV :)

http://www.sheffieldlive.org/mp3/20131218120001.mp3

Thanks for the link!

Please skip around seven and a half minutes of ads and the tram discussion begins around 18 minutes in.

Just bumping this up to say i am still looking to chat with someone reasonably knowledgeable about the Great Flood on the radio. I intend to do a piece to mark the 150th anniversary. :)

Just bumping this up to say i am still looking to chat with someone reasonably knowledgeable about the Great Flood on the radio. I intend to do a piece to mark the 150th anniversary. :)

Perhaps Ron Clayton would be interested.

His contact details are readily available on the internet so I'm sure he won't mind my adding his email here.

bigronclayton@hotmail.co.uk

Perhaps Ron Clayton would be interested.

His contact details are readily available on the internet so I'm sure he won't mind my adding his email here.

bigronclayton@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks vox - i have been in touch with Ron and he will be coming in to tell us about the events of March 1864 on Wednesday 12th March (12 noon on sheffield Live FM).

I did another programme with a local history slant today with a report from Wardsend Cemetery. Big up to the guys from 'Friends of Wardsend cemetery' who took time to show us round. Afterwards speaking with my friend andy1702 it occured to us that sheffieldhistory.co.uk may be a story in itself and the development of this site and it's influence on all aspects of Sheffield history would be an interesting show. So how about it people? 2 or 3 of the regular posters and admin people to come on and chat about it!

Contact me here or at shefflivecalvin@inbox.com

Cheers everyone :-)