Ratners - Globe Works

CarlPeters

Apparently Jeff Buckley played there - I can find no information whatsoever on this place

Help me Sheffield History, you're my only hope

The place itself (Ratner's Rest) was situated on Penistone Road & was owned by the same people that run 'The Leadmill' (still a popular venue) but apparently fell foul of a roaring fire - when, i don't know?

Source - Here

--------

Buckley Gig
Friday 11 March 1994

===========================

Then I had an idea that it may have been named after "Rattening" (Sheffield Outrages) so I searched with that spelling and found these:

This partial renovation included a cutlery shop, visitor centre and a pub, The Rattener's Rest on the ground floor. The Leadmill Association ran into financial difficulties and went into insolvency in 1994 and Velocity Estates bought the works in the mid 1990s, and undertook a complete refurbishment lasting 18 months and costing several million pounds

Source

-----------------------

The 4 track single was mastered and pressed for us by SRT studios near Cambridge. There was a launch party arranged at a pub – The Rattener’s Rest, in the old restored Globe Works (the band had rehearsal rooms in the same complex – a lot of their gear was nicked one day, while the pub only lasted a couple of years).

|The Lovebirds

My Granddad was MD when G.P.WALL STEEL WORKS occupied GLOBE WORKS building he was there during the first and second World Wars until he died in 1946 then my Uncle took over until he died and then I think the business closed down.