1911 Census Help Please

Jen13

Hi

I've just got the marriage certificate for Hannah Elizabeth Webster to William Bernard Bateman (requested help already to find him) but I can't find her on the 1911 census and wondered if someone could help.

This is the info:

Married 06/07/1915 age 20 spinster 147 Pond Street Father - George William Webster - blacksmith's striker

Witnesses George Bond Lily Hizzard.

I've found a birth reg for a Hannah Elizabeth Webster but it was in 1897.

I would be grateful of any help.

Many thanks

Jenny

She might have lied about her age when she married. So the Birth certificate would be right.

I did find the 1901 census for one born in 1897

It might help:

many thanks for that I'll follow it up, but it said father's name was George William and the census you found had William. I suppose he could have used his middle name though!

Will see where it gets me

thanks again

Jenny

Except the 1911 census names were filled in by enumerator and there are allsorts of circumstances that could lead to his middle name being used. I tried to search for George William in the 1911, with numerous dates for his birth going back to 1865. But no George William came up in Sheffield.

There is a 1911 Census for Elizabeth Webster who was born in 1897, but her father is dead.

I would post it here, but Sheffield History fails to respond after the uploader has finished. PM me if you want it, it's from Ancestry, if you have that you can get it from there by searching for Elizabeth Webster born 1897 and Sheffield added on, as an alternative to PM me.

Hi again

I've just found an Anna Elizabeth Webster aged 14 on the 1911 census. She is living with mum Annie Webster 37 (married) but no father and grandparents Joseph and Mary Topham. I did a marriage search and found that Annie Topham married George Webster in 1893 which corresponds with the info Annie provided on the census (married 18 years 1 child).

I think this might be the right family, but what's happened to George????? Will try and find them in 1901. It's so involved, but I'm sure I'll crack it. I might have to purchase birth cert.

Thanks again

Jenny