PUB GARDEN

Guest coffee cup

Guest coffee cup

With the new smoking rules coming in on the is July this year I propose we have a Pub Garden, where anyone can smoke and have a drink and talk about anything. What do other members think ?

Guest coffee cup

Are we talking virtual or actual here.....? <_<

Well it doesn't really matter either way, but in a virtual sense having a drink and smoking won't upset anyone, so I supose virtual. Most Forums have a canteen or coffee shop, but I propose a Pub Garden, so members can drink what they want and smoke at the same time without breaking the Law.

lol lol

Guest wisewoodowl

I prefer to drink outside during daylight hours whatever the weather.

As a non-smoker, I'm now faced with the prospect of outside terraces being invaded by smokers who would, before the anti-smoking legislation, been inside the pub, now stando=ing outside and moaning about the temperature / rain whilst pollluting my airspace.

Guest coffee cup

OK forget the fags if it upsets you that much, but still can't see how someone smoking outside can pollute YOUR air space, afterall it's not just YOURS but belongs to the whole planet, have gone easy on you on this one because you are a fellow owl. and looking at your user name don't live too far away from me.

What I had in mind , when I posted the idea of the Pub Garden was to discuss the stupid things that are happening today in this country like the PC brigade.

The way we seem to bow down to what we think offends people, and banning things that do offend people, that are just plain ridiculous, like the story in the Daily Express about the family that had flown the Jolly Rodger Flag to coincide with their young sons pirate themed birthday party, but after complaints from neighbours, had been told by the council to remove the flag because they found it offensive

How stupid is that,

Oh and by the way wisewoodowl, as this is a virtual pub garden, any one having a *** whislt replying or posting a topic shouldn't invade or pollute YOUR air space. :blink: :blink:

I'm staying in the virtual inside after July 1st <_<

Well you could always invest in one of these. lol

Well you could always invest in one of these. lol

nice one steveHB couldn't have put it better myself!!!! lollol lol

As the topic at the moment is smoking related, i thought i would post this link on here.

I pmsl at at it, hope you all appreciate my sense of humour. :P

http://eclectech.co.uk/camillaqueen.php

I would like to mention that some links in the web site contain bad language, so just click carefully. :ph34r:

Guest coffee cup

Now the smoking ban in enclosed spaces is in force, does it affect you ?, do you think it will affect trade in pubs and cafe's ?.

I think in the short term it may well affect trade, especially as it seems to be raining all the time at the moment, but come the better weather, then most people tend to stand or sit outside anyway, when winter comes, well only time will tell.

But what I can see happening, is in those pubs who don't have a beer garden or any seating, then the smokers will be stood outside the pub near the entrance, and the none smokers will be then complaining they have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get in the Pub . My initial reaction to this is tough ! afterall the smokers are driven out of the pub in the first place.

It will be interesting to see just how this goes. :mellow:

i agree what happened to human rights and 'its a free country'. By the time the government have finshed they will be taxing us on breathing!!!! lollol lol

Guest coffee cup

I can see why pubs can,t have a smoking room like they used to, and I know it is about passive smoking and thinking about staff, would like to see what wouod happen if someone had the guts to open a Only smoking pub and only employed staff that smoked. No doubt this would be classed and descrimination against non smokers.

They have used the excuse also that most pubs sell food and people don't want people smoking whilst they are eating. I can say I have never lit up in a pub or resturant whilst anyone at a close table has been eating, I have always waited until they have finished.

On the rare occasion we have been to Meadowhell, we always get there early and go for a coffee first, that way we are in and out as soon as shops open. In the Coffee shop on the corner , past Argos they had smoking and non smoking tables. The smoking tables were always taken, yet there was plenty of room on the non smoking side. What does that say !

Guest coffee cup

How long will it be before a landlord sympathetic to smokers decides to have for selected people only an

"After Smoke" at closing time instead of the normal "After Bird" ? It could be called a "Smoke In" instead of a Lock In !!

I worked behind a bar for three years, whats this 'Lock In' thingie :mellow:

You'r on about, i never came across anything like that . lol

Guest tsavo

We've had the smoking ban here in Portugal (and also in Spain) for a while now. If it's had any effect it's not obvious and seems to be largely ignored.

As a smoker, I never smoke in restaurants, always going outside if I feel the need for the weed.

Nice sunset pic, by the way....