The Royal Infirmary

tozzin

I took my camera and went to look at what was the old Royal Infirmary yesterday, my interest was the statues of Hope & Charity by Sir Francis Chantrey at the Main Entrance but its now part of the Aviva complex and I was told that I wasn't allowed in to take photos, which I found totally wrong, the people of the Town should be able to look over these important buildings. The inscription over the doorway is nearly ineligible and needs some work on it but I did manage to get a couple of shots through the railings.

I WAS SICK AND YE VISITED ME

VERILY INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO

ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN

YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME

Abridged quotations from Matthew 25

HD

I did visit Picture Sheffield and zoomed in on the verse so I now have it, strangely enough there wasn't any watermark on the photos of the Infirmary that I looked at.

Hello Tozzin - it's many years after you posted this, and I don't know if you'll get this message, but I'm helping out on a book produced by the British Association of Dermatologists, who'd like to use your photo of the Infirmary - would you give permission for us to use it? It's a non-profit, academic book, 'Biographical History of British Dermatology'. Thanks!