Super 8 Films From The 70S/80S

Killamarshian

Below are links to some Super 8 movies of Sheffield in the 1970's & 80's. I took the Lord Mayor's Parade ones as a young teen. I believe my late father took the street views and Christmas lights.

Lord Mayor's Parades

Sheffield Views

Xmas Lights

270th Intake Boy Scouts

I hope you enjoy them.

Nice ones Killamarshian, thank you for posting these old 8mm films.

How did you transfer them to digital format for posting?

I have previously posted on several methods for doing this, - some are professional and very expensive using a telecine machine, others you can do at home with a projector, screen and a video camcorder but the results are not as good.

Quality here in your films indicates an excellent quality of transfer, - professionally done?

DaveH,

Sorry for my late reply. I just put a piece of A4 paper against a wall and pointed my father's old projector at it. I used a cheap Panasonic digital video camera and just recorded everything. I then used Sony Vegas Pro 11 to edit the footage. Nothing really clever, perhaps I was lucky with my set up.

DaveH,

Sorry for my late reply. I just put a piece of A4 paper against a wall and pointed my father's old projector at it. I used a cheap Panasonic digital video camera and just recorded everything. I then used Sony Vegas Pro 11 to edit the footage. Nothing really clever, perhaps I was lucky with my set up.

Basically the same method that I used but not with such good results. Perhaps you were lucky, or perhaps the digital editing of the captured footage (Sony Vegas Pro 11) had something to do with it if you used it to do more than just cut and join scenes together and remove unwanted bits.